↳ 𝘾𝙖𝙧 𝙁𝙪𝙣

"So how have you been doing?" Utahime asked as she set her glass down on the coaster of your coffee table. You hadn't seen her in a while and after an unexpecting turn in your life, having a conversation with a friend was much needed.

"I've been better." You laughed as you rubbed your temples. "How about you? Anything exciting?"

"Same old, same old." She sighed. She looked around the place, and noticed not much had changed. "Any interesting cases lately? You always come across the weirdest situations so I'm curious."

"Nope. Mother wishing to find child and vice-versa, cheating spouse. The same cases just in different fonts and in different people." You responded, bringing your glass of wine up to your lips. "I was really surprised to see how similar people are, always with the same cases and shit."

"Are you bored?" She asked and you shrugged.

"Wouldn't necessarily say bored since they do keep me on my toes but it'd be nice to see something else." You responded. You took another sip of your wine before putting it down on a coaster. "How about you? How's professor life treating you?"

"Not so bad. Not so great either." She answered before taking a big gulp of her drink.

"Oh, I have been meaning to ask, I don't know if he works there but I'm friends with this professor called Satoru Gojo-" You told her and she was quick to widen her eyes. She put her drink down and grabbed your chin, pulling you closer to her. She inspected your face, mainly looking into your eyes. "What?"

"How do you know that name?" She squinted her eyes and turned her head to look around the room. "Did he pay you? Is he hidden in this room?"

"What- So you do know him!" You claimed. She still held on to your face, while she scanned the room. "Hey! He's not here. Let go."

She did and apologized. She straightened her posture and took her drink again.

"I get that you do know him and that he..." You began, unsure of what to say. You never found Gojo to be a creep or anything but due to Utahime's reaction, maybe he wasn't exactly the best.

"He's annoying. Gets on my nerves. Every time he speaks it makes me want to vomit. Thought he had paid you to pull a prank on me. Sorry for thinking so lowly of you, Y/N." She shook her head and you laughed.

"Is he that bad?" You questioned since what you had seen from his part was great.

"The worst." She rolled her eyes. "How do you know him anyways?"

"We're... friends." You didn't know what to say, but friends wasn't too far from the truth. Friends with benefits was the better label but you weren't going to tell her that. Utahime didn't know about the open relationship.

"Gojo doesn't have any friends. Or at least any female friends. He's only after one thing, Y/N." She told you. "Are you cheating on your husband?"

"It's not cheating." You were quick to say and she quietly waited for an explanation. "Open relationship. He suggested that and now we're here."

"Never took you as the type." She commented.

"I guess I'm not, but what else can I do?" You asked, knowing damn well you had many other options.

"Right... You're a smart woman, Y/N, and very strong too. Remember that." Utahime said, not wanting to straight up tell you to leave your husband. You were a grown woman who thought and decided what was best for you, so she wouldn't say anything more than that. "So I take it that he's on a date."

"He is." You answered. "Can we change the topic, I really don't wanna talk about him right now."

-