Affogato

Scarlett POV

I can't wait to get out of this fucking hospital. It's so dreadful and emotional and traumatic. I'm 100% over it. I really need my baby to wake up. I miss her so fucking much. The doctors think she should wake up very soon so we are waiting patiently.

I just want to hug and snuggle her. At least I'm getting Y/N snuggles. She's been a mess but I can't really blame her. This is the second time she's gotten into a bad accident and the one's she loves are hurt. I know she's still blaming herself but I also know she won't stop until Rose is awake and okay.

We are watching I love Lucy reruns which makes me really happy. Y/N is in and out of sleep while her dad makes sure we have everything we need. My phone buzzes and I pick it up. It's a FaceTime from Lizzie.

Lizzie: Hey, you two.

Me: Hey Liz

Lizzie: How ya doing?

Me: We are okay, just resting and waiting.

Y/N: Rose should be up soon

Lizzie: Yeah?

Me: The doctors think so

Lizzie: Well that's good news, I'm so glad everyone is safe

Me: Me too. How is Otis?

Lizzie: He is good. He misses you all though.

Y/N: I miss him too. Has Sam been by?

Lizzie: Yup, she's right here.

Sam: Hey lovebirds, nice stitches Y/N you look sexy

Y/N: Fuck off

Me: Thanks for watching the house

Sam: Of course, the coffee shop is fine too

Lizzie: Robbie decided Milo Greene will be performing every night this week.

Y/N: Wait what? Why?

Sam: Well, people know what happened and want to support you two

Lizzie: The shop has been really busy. People are writing little notes on the table clothes for you.

Me: Oh wow. That's really sweet.

Y/N: Wow

Lizzie: Yup, so we are keeping it busy and making sure everything is good here.

Sam: Can't wait until you get back though, I miss your stupid face Y/N.

Y/N: Love you too

Me: Alright, thanks for everything you two. See you soon.

We all wave then I end the call. Y/N doesn't say anything but I know she's thinking about the shop. It's really sweet that her customers are doing that for us. We continue to watch TV in silence but both jump in surprise when a little voice rings out.

"Mama?" Rose whispers. I look over to my baby and smile at her eyes looking back at me.

"Hi, nugget." I greet and slowly pull myself to sit up more.

"What happened?" She asks.

"We were in a car accident. But we are okay." I confirm and press the call button. She looks around the room and takes in her surroundings.

"Where is mommy?" She asks and I feel movement behind me.

"She's right here, don't worry." I coo and slowly slip out of bed to sit on the edge of hers.