Bland

Y/N POV

"Hi Y/N, it's good to see you again." Officer Keller greets and I wince as I shift to sit up a little bit more.

"Yeah. Great." I deadpan and look over to my dad when he stirs awake.

"Jerry." He greets and they share a nod. I jump a little when a warm hand is set on the small of my back but look over to Scar who is watching me carefully.

"So...what?" I ask when no one talks.

"Well first, it's good to see you up and about. You had us all worried." Officer Keller explains and I fight the urge to roll my eyes. A part of being a small town is everyone knowing everyone's shit, but the good part is that people seem to care about you. I would feel grateful for his worry but the sight of him takes me back to a time I don't want to think about.

"Sorry." I whisper and he shakes his head.

"Now stop right there Y/N. You know you did nothing wrong. And that's why we are here. We have the entire accident on a dash cam of a bystander. It is very clear who is at fault. The truck driver was drunk when he came in." He shares and I shiver when I feel Scarlett's nails scratch at my skin, her body reacting to the news.

"Well he's a fucking asshole." I respond and Jerry laughs.

"He is. So...I want to help you out." He shares and sits down on a free chair. His deputy who hasn't said a word stays at the door and offers a small smile.

"How?" I ask.

"Well. This accident totaled your car, and caused pain to you and your loved ones. If you file a police report, you can sue him for Pain and Suffering and emotional distress." He explains.

"Well...I am pretty emotionally distressed. My girlfriend has to watch her daughter sleep and wait for her to wake up. How fucking cruel is that?" I spit out, my anger taking over.

"I know. If you win, and you probably will, you can use the money to pay for a new car, your hospital bills, and probably still have money left over." He shares and I take a deep breath.

"Y/N, you don't have to worry about money." Scarlett whispers and I look at her.

"Wait...you don't want to sue this mother fucker?" I ask.

"I...I don't know. I just want this to end. I want Rose to wake up. Lawsuits are a pain and...if the media finds out about this our business will get out. Your past might get out." She explains and I sigh. "You know I don't judge you for what happened to Maggie. But I also know you and if that gets out and people don't respond in a great way, it will hurt you and I don't want you to hurt." She explains patiently.

We sit in silence for a few moments, my eyes eventually landing on Rose's small body. I grit my teeth when the anger returns. "I don't care. I really want to hurt him, but if I kill him then I'd go to jail...this feels like the next best thing." I decide. "Rose deserves justice." Scar nods as a small smile curves on her lips.

"Okay...I'll support you. I just wanted to make sure you thought through the implications." She reminds me and I nod before leaning over to kiss her forehead.

"I'd like to file a police report." I direct to Jerry who was quietly talking with my dad.

"Okay, I'll walk you through it." He decides and helps us out. I write with my healthy hand the exact events that I know about. He starts to tell us about the process of filing a lawsuit.

"Uh actually, I know the process and have great lawyers." Scarlett pipes in before he gets too far into it. I hold back a laugh and share an amused look with Scarlett. Once all the paperwork and shit is over with the officers leave with a final goodbye and tell us we are in their thoughts and prayers.