Bloom

Y/N POV

Tonight is music night and I'm pretty excited. Scarlett and Rose are coming which means I get to chill with the little bean. Scarlett has been weird for a couple days and I can't figure out why. Nothing has happened specifically but she isn't very talkative yet clingy at the same time. She wants to walk to the gym together everyday and we went to the park after school with Rose after school each day. She even invited me to dinner tomorrow which I'm kind of nervous about.

I smile at the pair as they walk in while the band for the night sets up. They both beam when they see me and Scarlett lets go of her daughter's hand so she can run over to me. I crouch down in my spot, abandoning my task of organizing snack platters to catch the little body barreling towards me.

"Y/N! I missed you!" She squeals as I stand up with her in my arms.

"I missed you too little bean. Although I did see you at the park earlier." I remind her and she giggles as she leans back. I melt when she leans forward to kiss the tip of my nose.

"Mommy says you kiss the people you love." She explains in a whisper while I melt in my spot.

"You're so sweet. Hi Scar." I direct to the woman waiting patiently behind her daughter's back. Rose reaches back and pulls Scar closer.

"Group hug!" She decides and Scar smiles cutely before accepting. She curls herself under my free arm and I squeeze for a few seconds before letting go. Her arms stays around my back for a few more seconds before she steps away. Well damn she didn't have to slide her hand onto my rib before dropping her arm.

"I gotta go make sure everything is ready but why don't you and mommy find a table you like?" I suggest to Rose who's playing with my hair contently.

"Okay! Can we color?" She asks as I set her down.

"Of course, I'll grab the crayons." I confirm and smile as I watch her run off to find the perfect table. Scarlett smiles sweetly before following Rose. I turn to continue my tasks and about 10 minutes later I'm sitting down with two flutes of champagne, a hot chocolate and of course a chocolate chip muffin.

Rose excitedly rambles about her day at school since we were too busy playing tag earlier. I listen in interest while I start on my stems and look up to share a soft look with Scarlett when she leans closer to draw flower petals. "Mommy said you're coming over for dinner tomorrow." Rose diverts from her story about some kid eating a worm quickly and I laugh a little before answering.

"Yeah, uh. I don't know if I can make it Little bean." I start hesitantly. I really don't want to deal with Colin.

"But Mommy was going to cook spaghetti and meatballs! It's your favorite!" She whines and I frown at how quickly she got upset. This child is breaking my heart.

"Oh, well. I don't know. I'm sure Colin will like it!" I try to encourage and she scrunches her face in disgust.

"Colin moved out. We don't like him anymore." She informs me and I look up in surprise.

"Rose, honey, he didn't move out. He's just not staying with us for a while." Scar reminds her and avoids my eyes. Well this is news. Maybe this is why she's been weird these past couple days.

"But you were yelling then told him to get out." She shares easily before humming to herself and drawing a few trees.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't realize you heard that. Mommy and Colin are just having some time apart." She explains honestly and I smile proudly to myself. Being honest in these situations is the best thing for kids. They will just be confused if you don't explain the situation fully.