Bitter

Y/N POV

"BITCH WHAT?" Sam screams when I tell her the good news the next morning.

"I know...it's...crazy right?" I ask as I stare up at the ceiling in awe.

"BITCH...WHAT?" She repeats and I look over to my flabbergasted friend.

"Dude, it's not that crazy is it?" I ask as I watch her mind race.

"I mean...BITCH." She screams again and I laugh at her reaction.

"Damn I didn't know you doubted I would have a chance with her." I tease and pet Otis in my lap.

"You sneaky little lesbian." She whispers to herself and I smirk to myself. "Wow...you're dating Scarlett Johansson...but secretly? That's dumb how can I get more insta followers?" She asks and I laugh.

"Yes secretly...to the public, she is still married and we don't want to tell Rose so prematurely. We are trying it out and only those who need to know will know." I explain and she nods.

"That makes sense. Protect the kid and figure out how you two work before it becomes a huge thing. But...she is married so why would you ask her to be your girlfriend?" She asks, a confused look on her face.

"She's serving him separation papers...today I think." I explain and she nods.

"Well damn. At least she's serious. But please still be careful with your heart. It's fragile." She reminds me and I nod.

"I will. I know what I'm getting into. I know that she has good intentions and I'm really excited to see where it goes." I explain and watch as Sam nods, a huge smile on her face. "She is telling Flo and Lizzie." I inform her.

"Oh great, at least I have someone to gossip to." She comments and reach forward to steal Otis from me.

"Wait what?" I ask and cross my arms.

"Lizzie and I chat from time to time about how dumb y'all are." She shrugs and I narrow my eyes.

"You stole her number from my phone?" I ask and she nods simply. What a sneak. She ends up staying until I have to leave for the shop to get the whole story. She comes with me to work for the sole reason to tease me when Scarlett comes but I can't really blame her. What are friends for?

Lucy and I deal with the Monday morning rush easily while Sam reads a book in one of the cozy corners. I smile to myself as I write on one of the napkins for my Cherry. This is the first napkin she will get as my official girlfriend so it has to be good.

You are the water in the vase, the green in the stem and the color in the petals. Your beauty has always been there and will continue to be and if you let me I will be the table you rest upon. (J. Iron Word, Live Loud Love Loud, pg. 151)

I smile at the words and think about our coloring tradition with Rose, my green stems with her purple flowers. The front door swings open and I can't stop the smile that grows on my face. She returns it easily as she comes closer, "Hi Joey." She greets softly and leans on her hands that curl on the edge of the counter.

"Hi Cherry. Your usual?" I ask and she nods as her bottom lip disappears into her mouth. Oh wow.

"Mhm." She confirms with a nod, her eyes sparkling.

"Uhhh, I'll get that ready for you." Lucy decides, breaking me out of our stare. I clear my throat as a blush covers my cheek and put her order into the register. She slides her card into the reader and I hand over her napkin. I watch as her eyes scan the words and an adorable grin takes home on her lips.