Aged Coffee

Scarlett's POV

Since Rose is with me for Christmas this year, I decided that we are going to join Y/N and her dad for the holidays. She wasn't sure if we wanted to come but Rose told her that she wants to know where she grew up and reminded her that she promised they could go look at the stars.

So, we took a train together to meet her dad. I'm actually kind of nervous. I had Rose's gifts sent to Y/N's childhood home so we can wrap them there. Rose was confused how Santa knew she would be upstate and not in the city but Y/N was quick to explain that Santa is magic so of course he would know where someone as special as Rose would be for Christmas.

Rose thought the train we were on was the polar express so Y/N made sure they brought us hot chocolate and found a way to punch the word believe in our tickets. She continuously makes sure Rose is happy and I fucking love her for it.

When we get to her stop my heart drops. I'm meeting the man that raised my love. I don't get to meet her mom or sister but I get to meet him and I'm so excited but really nervous too. I'm not too sure what he knows about me but Y/N keeps assuring me that he will love her and Rose, so I can't do anything but believe her.

"Y/N!" A tall man greets and I watch as she walks over to her father with Rose in her arms.

"Hi dad." She greets. "This is Rose." She introduces gently. I would be offended that my daughter gets to be introduced first but she's cute so it's fine.

"It's so nice to meet you Rose. Wow you uh. You." He stumbles and I tilt my head in confusion.

"I know dad." Y/N whispers but I hear it. "And this is Scarlett, my girlfriend." She introduces proudly, holding out her hand for me to take.

I step to her side and offer a smile. "It's great to finally meet you Mr. Y/LN." I start and smile when he pulls me into a hug.

"You too, now let's get out of this cold and get some hot cocoa." He decides opening up his truck for us.

"I love hot coco!" Rose cheers and we all laugh at her excitement. I stand next to Y/N as she buckles Rose into the car seat her dad already has. I lean up to kiss Rose's cheek and watch as Y/N stares at the passenger side door once she backs away.

"Hey...you okay?" I ask and close the back door.

"Um...yeah. Yeah I'm okay. I just...cars are hard, especially here." She explains and I nod in understanding. I pull her into a hug and keep her there until I feel her quick breaths slow down. I think back to the few times we have ridden in a car together. She didn't have this issue before.

"You've been in a car with us before." I remind her.

"I know. I feel safe with you and my dad, it's just being back here I think." She explains. I notice her dad waiting patiently in the driver's seat as he chats with Rose who is talking up a storm. "Okay. I'm ready." She decides. I watch as she runs around the back of the car and chooses to sit next to Rose in the back. I hop into the front seat and share a smile with her dad. He looks into the rear view mirror for a few seconds before deciding to head onto the road.

I periodically peek back to check on my love and she seems to be okay, her focus on Rose as she sings along to the holiday songs on the radio. I'm Jewish so we already celebrated Hanukkah, but Rose gets to celebrate both since she's spoiled.

When we pull into a driveway, I take in the surroundings, wanting to know everything about where Y/N comes from. I hop out of the truck and open up the back door to get Rose out of the truck. Y/N is at my side quickly, her hand sliding onto my lower back while she leans forward and rest her lips on my shoulder. She takes a deep breath before stepping back so Rose can hop out.