Wet Washed Coffee

Y/N POV

It's been a few weeks since we got back to New York. We are all healing nicely and Scarlett's lawyers are working on the lawsuit against the drunk truck driver. I'm trying not to think about it because it just makes me mad. Rose is back in school and we celebrated the new year with a calm night inside, watching movies.

We visited the shop last week after resting for a few days and I was overwhelmed at how many table clothes were filled with messages from customers and fans of Scarlett's. Milo Greene left a whole box of money donations from their week-long concert series for the shop and it's just so sweet. I don't really know what I'm going to do with it though.

Scarlett and I both get our casts off next week which we are both very excited for. Lizzie and Robbie are staying with us for now to make sure we are all resting and well fed. Rose seems to be bouncing back the quickest but kids tend to do that. It's nice having company around and I'm really getting to know Robbie. He's become a really good friend and Lizzie even asked if I'd be a part of their wedding too.

Robbie declared that I would be a groomsmaid and it made Lizzie annoyed. She accepted though when he explained that Scarlett and I could walk down the aisle together that way. I feel extremely special that they are including me in their big day later this year.

We've been going on daily walks and each day we walk by a tattoo shop. I really like Scarlett's tattoos and I ask about them sometimes. I kind of want to get one that's special. So yesterday, I made an appointment to go get it done. Scarlett keeps asking what I'm getting but I want it to be a surprise.

The shop is thriving. The two new workers are doing really well and I barely have to go in anymore. I'm glad I don't have to stress over it and Sam is helping with booking bands. It's become easy though because now bands are reaching out wanting to perform ever since they heard Milo Greene did. The bands are still lesser known but at least they want to come to my shop for a venue.

Currently, we are on our daily walk around the block. The tattoo shop was able to squeeze me in fortunately so we stop at the door. "Can you at least tell me where you are getting them?" Scarlett asks as we walk through the door.

"Under my collarbones." I share and she hums in interest. I sent over the designs and ideas I wanted yesterday so when he shows me while I cover Scarlett's eyes I give him a thumbs up.

"I want to hold your hand." Scar declares when I lay back on the table.

"You can as long as you don't peek." I compromise and she nods.

"I have a bandana you can tie over her eyes." The guy offers teasingly.

"Wait really?" I ask and Scarlett pouts. I sit up to fold the clean bandana and tie it around her head. I kiss the pout on her lips a few times until she smiles then gets\ back onto the table. He puts the stencils on to confirm placement then gets to work.

Maggie's favorite flowers were Iris's. She really liked Greek myth and Iris was her favorite goddess. She was the personification of the rainbow and also a divine messenger. Rainbows seem to connect heaven and earth, so I feel like this is the perfect way to connect to and honor Maggie. The iris is under my left collarbone, right over my heart, so I know she's always here.

On the other side, under my right collarbone mirroring the iris is a rose. My second chance, my little bean, and my daughter. She means so much to me and I want to make sure she is always close to me too. I love her so much, I just hope Scar and Rose like it.

It hurts the most near my collarbone and kind of feels like he's impaling my neck but the pain doesn't last long. Scarlett squeezes my hand and kisses the back of it ever so often. He wipes the ink off my skin and takes a picture for me before applying the second skin to keep it safe.