Chocolate Chip Muffin

Y/N POV

"Uh Y/N? Why don't you just go talk to her?" Jack asks to break me out of my daydreaming.

"Huh what?" I ask and he just smirks as he shakes his head. I sigh, I've been completely useless helping him out with drinks. I decide to get the snack platters out on various communal tables to distract myself as the band starts to play their set. I almost drop an entire platter of veggies when Sam strolls in and grabs my arm to pull me away. "Hey, stop I have to put this down." I explain and she lets go so I can do just that.

"Where is she?" She whispers as I join her side. I discreetly point to the side table near the band and she smirks. "How about I take over hostess duties and you go mingle?" She suggests.

"No way, there is a reason I didn't give you a job here." I disagree.

"Fucking rude. I'd be great." She argues.

"You would tell people they are idiots." I deadpan and she goes to argue before shutting her mouth. "Yeah thought so. Please just leave her alone and don't do anything embarrassing?" I request and she nods. I'm not comforted by her small smirk but walk away anyway to help Jack out. As I step up to the register I jump back when I realizes Scarlett standing is next in line.

"Hi, can I get a chocolate chip muffin?" She requests.

"Of course." I reply easily and nod to Jack to get it for her.

She goes to pay but frowns when she sees the price. "Uh, you forgot the hot chocolate and champagne." She reminds me and I shrug.

"On the house." I decide and she smiles softly as she swipes her card. Jack hands her the muffin with a napkin and offers a smile before taking the next order at the second register.

"Thank you so much, Y/N and thank your or being so sweet to Rose. She can't stop talking about how cool you are." She teases lightly and I blush.

"Well she's a cool kid. Are you enjoying the music?" I ask, wanting to continue talking to her.

"I am, they are pretty good." She decides and shifts her weight. We are awkwardly just staring at each other until she looks down at the muffin. "Uh, I guess I should get this to Rose." She decides and turns on her heels to sit back down. I smile when Rose giggles in excitement when she places it in front of her.

"Did I see intense eye contact?" Sam's voice gains my attention and I sigh.

"No." I deny and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Go talk to her." She suggests and I shake my head.

"No way. What just go over for no fucking reason? She's a customer not my friend." I remind her.

"But you could be friends. She was totally sticking around to talk to you." She points out and I shake my head in disagreement.

"You're seeing things." I disagree. She sighs and looks around before grabbing a pitcher of cold water.

"Here, go refill their waters." She commands and I sigh.

"Fine, only so you will leave me the fuck alone." I spit out and walk around the counter to fill water at a few tables before I get to theirs.

"Y/N!" Rose squeals and holds her fist out.

"Hi Rose" I greet and bump her fist. She giggles as we make explosion noises and I smile softly as I fill their waters.

"Miss Y/N, this band is pretty." She shares and I smile.

"Yeah? What do you mean?" I ask wanting to know more.