Black Tea

Y/N POV

The next morning I dread going to work. Even though we made up I'm still apprehensive about this friendship with Scarlett. I'm also kind of nervous because I texted Florence last night and now her and Lizzie are also coming to visit me at work today. Lucy takes care of our last few customers during our morning rush while I prepare the snack platters for tonight's book club. Once I set them in the fridge I sit down with my pen and a clean napkin.

I ignore Lucy's sly grin as I write out the poem.

Energy is infectious, be positively viral. (J. Iron word, live loud love loud, pg 30)

I doodle some lighting bolts and light bulbs for good measure before setting it aside. "So, any life updates you want to clue me in on?" Lucy asks and I look over to the curious college student.

"Uh, we're friends...kind of." I offer and her eyes widen in excitement.

"You kissed?!" She whisper yells.

"What? No. God no. She's literally married! We're friends but we can't do anything in public together." I explain and she frowns.

"Sounds like a mistress to me." She decides and I roll my eyes. The front door bell rings and I take a deep breath before looking up to see who it is. I smile softly at Scarlett as she walks closer.

"Hi." She whispers cutely, her voice crackling adorably as she stops in front of the register.

"Hey, where's the little bean?" I ask and she grins.

"She's at day camp, just dropped her off. Although I'm sure she would rather visit her best friend." She shares as I put in her order. I hand Lucy her cup before answering.

"She's such a good kid." I comment.

"She is and she loves you. Um, listen, I still feel horrible for the whole...I can't be seen with you in public thing so maybe uh. Do you want to do a movie night?" She asks and my eyes raise in surprise.

"Oh, uh sure." I agree.

"Cool...great. Your place? I'll bring snacks?" She suggests and I nod before my attention is pulled away by the two woman walking through the front door. Lucy hands me Scar's coffee and her napkin and I hand it over with a smile. "Thanks." She replies easily and watches as I walk out from behind to counter.

"Y/N!" Flo greets and I laugh lightly as she pulls me into a hug.

"Hi Flo." I greet and squeeze before stepping back to stand next to Scarlett.

"Hi Scar." She greets and nuzzles into her friend for a hug. I smile at the interaction before being pulled into another hug.

"Hi Lizzie." I greet and hug her back.

"Hey, Y/N, how's the coffee today?" She asks and I giggle at the random question.

"It's great. Want some?" I offer and she nods. "Flo?" I direct beside me and the blonde in question pulls away from her cuddle with Scarlett to face me.

"Yes, Y/N?" She asks adorably, rising up and down on her toes with her hands behind her back.

"Would you like a hot beverage?" I ask and she nods quickly.

"A hot tea please" She confirms and I nod before making my way back around the counter. I offer a small smile to Scarlett as I make my way back to the register but furrow my eyebrows when I notice her hand sliding her napkin into her back pocket of her jeans. Lucy and I get started on Flo and Lizzie's orders once they give us the specifics and the actresses chat amongst themselves at a table nearby.