Coffee Shop Napkins

Y/N POV

August 2022

It's been about a year since Scarlett Johansson smashed a door into my face. About a year since my world changed forever. I have a girlfriend that I love and an adorable daughter that gets smarter and kinder every day. A lot has happened since the accident that brought us closer than ever.

We won the lawsuit and got a butt load of money. Scarlett has been working a lot. Her Sing 2 movie was adorable and now she's working on that top secret marvel project. Rose is still going to school and spent the summer at a bunch of different day camps. She went to an astronaut camp so she could see the stars even though I bring her to the planetarium whenever she wants. She also did an art camp and started taking dance classes at a studio down the street.

This week is her 8th birthday and it's been making me think about the past year and how my boring life became so much more. We are planning a birthday party so all her little friends can come over to celebrate this weekend.

With the money from the lawsuit, my mom's money she saved for me, and donations from my customers, I decided that I wanted to open a coffee shop chain. It's still called The Busy Bean, but my original shop has gone through some renovations that my girlfriend and daughter don't know much about.

The shop has been closed down for about a month, while other locations had opened up so Scarlett still gets to visit and demands her special napkins. But, the original shop is finally ready and I can't wait to show them. It's kind of a birthday present to Rose, but also a present to us as a family, call it an anniversary gift I guess.

So, we are walking down the street to get to the shop, the two blondes at my sides without a clue in the world that anything will be different. Scarlett thinks I had them repaint and remodel the layout. Which isn't entirely untrue, there were just bigger changes that I'm anxious for them to see.

My customers that wrote messages all over the table clothes kind of gave me an idea that started with Rose. So I ran with it, and hopefully it turns out perfect. The Busy Bean cafes are all the same. A calming atmosphere students can study in, or celebrities can visit without issue. A small library in each one with used books that customers can borrow and replace with a book of their own if they want.

There are comfy chairs and loyal workers at each shop. Flowers line the tables and every Thursday a few locations have music night. Book clubs flock to the shops all week and it's perfect. But, the original...well you'll see.

We turn the last corner and I hold my breath, waiting for either of them to notice the change. Scarlett notices first and almost stops in her tracks. We stop in front of the new sign and I let Rose read it out loud. "Rose's Brew-tiful Garden...wait...my garden?" She asks and I nod.

"You'll see, come on." I urge and open the door for the two to enter. My eyes scan the finished product, walls lined with huge sheets of paper, ready for customers to leave their mark. Each table cloth is lined with purple flowers on the edges, copied from the original table cloth we ever colored on.

The stage in the corner is pretty much the same, with added photos of Flo and I playing together, and a picture of Milo Greene performing, the stage now named after them.

Scarlett points up at the menu and I smile.

Rose's Brew-tiful Garden Special Menu Items
Scarlett Cup of Joe-hansson (Americano with almond milk)
Lizzie's Lemon Cake
Florence Chocolate Hazelnut Tea (Flavored Black tea)
Little Bean Hot Chocolate
Maggie's Chocolate Chip Muffins
Lucy's Cafe au Lait
I Love you a Latte Sam
You Mocha Me Happy, Cherry

I watch as Scarlett scans the names and her eyes get misty the longer she stares. "Mommy, can you read them to me?" Rose asks so I crouch down to read them to her softly. She giggles at the puns before running up to the counter to greet Lucy.