Chapter 60

Warning: This chapter has sexual content. Do not feel pressured to read if you are not comfortable. Skip to the dashed line (~) for regular content.

Riley smiled as he brought his lips back to hers. This kiss was different. It was slower than the last. Right now, they have time. For now, things were okay. None of it mattered. Come tomorrow they will be separated. Eric would go to jail, and she would go to Amity.

Their noses brushed against each other, and Riley's thoughts became fuzzy. Eric's large hands cupped her thighs. At some point, they had moved to the bedroom. Riley's not sure when.

His hands traveled down her body, and his lips disconnected from hers. It's only for a moment. He needed to breathe. Eric groaned as his lips found hers again, the kiss growing more and more intense by the second. Riley's right hand was against the side of his neck.

They stayed like this for minutes, both enjoying the moment of calm. There was no rush right now. Nobody was here to stop them, at least for now. Tomorrow they would start new lives, but that was tomorrow. This was now.

The metal creaked as he shifted his weight on top of her. Without breaking eye contact, Eric pulled off his shirt. There were bruises on his chest. They were older and starting to fade. Riley wasn't sure when he got them. Her fingers traced over the injury on his head, noticing the way he winced at the contact. He watched her carefully. Almost lovingly as concern crossed her features.

Eric pushed the hair out of her face. He dipped his head and kissed her again. She gently combed her fingers through his hair, noticing how long it had gotten. Eric started kissing down her throat, taking his time with each movement. Riley took a shaky breath as his teeth scraped over her skin.

Eric gripped the bottom of her shirt and swiftly pulled it over her head. Riley watched as his eyes scanned her body. She could see the way his face twisted at the sight. His fingers first ran over the bandage on her chest. The injury was healing, but the memories were burned into his brain.

His fingers then trailed down her stomach causing goosebumps to appear. He stopped again above the scar. Weeks ago, he had given an order at Amity to shoot her down. The bullet went through her side. It was healed now. Nothing more than a scar.

His eyes went to the exact same scar on her arm. Two wounds caused by his order. He was the one that told the Dauntless to shoot. He had hurt her. It was his fault.

She smiles gently, "I'm fine, Eric." Riley knows what he's thinking. Part of him hates that. He doesn't like someone being able to tell his thoughts so easily. Moving her hands behind her back, she slowly unclasped her bra. Without looking away, she slides the straps off her shoulders and tosses the item to the side. Eric's fingers now rub at the exposed skin. Riley sighs at the contact, tilting her head back slightly.

Eric smiles to himself and slowly pulls away. Without missing a beat, he unzips his jeans and pulls them down. Riley copies his actions. First, disregarding her pants and then her underwear. She's slower with that last item, feeling slightly insecure under his penetrating stare. There was a single light in the room, along with the window. It was dark outside, but the city light gave them enough light to see each other. "Are you sure," Eric spoke in just above a whisper. His hands slid down his underwear. "That you want to do this?"

Riley hummed as his fingers trailed her inner thigh. Eric's question was twisted in a way only she could understand. He wasn't asking if she wanted to do this. He was asking if she wanted to do this with him. "Yeah," Riley said. "I'm sure." She watches as he shifts above her, moving her leg up and over his waist. He's mindful of the injuries keeping an eye out for any sign of discomfort. Eric hesitates on his next move, but Riley smiles at him. Placing a hand on the side of his face to show him that she was all right. Eric nods more to himself and slowly pushes into her. Riley instantly moans, letting her free hand grip his other arm.