Chapter 8

That Tuesday, like every Tuesday, was our weekly choir rehearsal, and I couldn't wait to hear Logan's solo. For our upcoming concert, we were performing a mix of Broadway show tunes and songs from movies. Logan's solo was in a beautiful choral arrangement of "If I Can't Love Her" from the Broadway musical version of Beauty and the Beast.

As we rehearsed, a big part of me wished I had a solo in one of the songs, but hearing others solos, I knew it was the right thing to do. There were so many talented people in this choir, and they deserved to have a moment to shine. One of them was my incredibly talented sister, Hayley, who had a solo in "Think of Me" from The Phantom of the Opera. Her solo was probably one of the most challenging, as it involved lilts, trills, and crazy high notes, but I knew Hayley could do it. I heard her practicing at home, and she nailed it every time.

When it was her turn to sing, she was a little nervous, but listening to her, nobody could tell. Her voice flowed so naturally with the lilts, trills, and high notes.

"Wow," I said to myself. I've been listening to her sing since we were babies, but she never ceased to amaze me. To this day, I am still blown away by her ability.

Soon, it was Logan's turn to show off, and oh, my gosh, he melted my heart! He had such a beautiful, soft, sweet tenor voice, but also very powerful when necessary. So much emotion in his solo. I could almost hear the pain in the Beast's heart. I wiped away a few tears. I didn't think it was even possible to fall even more in love with him than I already was, but boy, was I wrong.

That night, after rehearsal, I sat at my laptop, and wrote out some heartfelt lyrics for a song. It was hard to sum up my true feelings for Logan in just a few stanzas, because there was so much I wanted to say. When I finished, I carried my laptop into the music room, and sat at the piano, playing with possible melody ideas until everything finally came together. I played and sang the song to see how it sounded, and I was very satisfied with it. I recorded a rough audio file to use to practice the song. Then, I carried my laptop back up to my room, got ready for bed, and quickly fell asleep with a playlist of all of Celtic Woman's songs playing in the background.