Chapter 34

A few days later, Hayley and I decided to take Sméagol out for his first outing. The three of us were getting ready for karaoke at Callahan's.

"You almost ready, Sméagol?!" Hayley called from downstairs.

"Yes, Precious!" Sméagol replied from his room. "Sméagol be ready soon!"

"Okay, Sweetie!"

"You look really pretty, Hayley," I said.

Hayley smiled. "Thank you, Sweetie. So do you."

We were both wearing different sun dresses. Mine was yellow with white flowers, and hers was sky blue.

Sméagol came downstairs in a purple shirt and a black pair of pants. "I'm ready!" he singsonged happily.

"Oh, Sméagol, you look adorable," said Hayley.

"Yep," I agreed, "very handsome." Whoa, I hope that didn't come off like I was flirting with him... even though I really did think he was super handsome.

Sméagol smiled at us. "Thank you, my precious friends." Then, he looked at us again. "Oh, so beautiful nice humanses looks," he said sweetly, "like elvish princesses."

I blushed and gushed like a teenage girl.

"Awwww, thank you, Sméagol!" Hayley cried.

"Dang it, Sméagol," I added, still smiling like a goofy teenage girl, "you're so sweet!"

Sméagol smiled warmly. "Sméagol means it."

"We know," Hayley said. "So, you ready to go?"

Sméagol and I nodded as we followed Hayley out to the car.

"Oh, what's this, Precious?" Sméagol asked with fascination.

"This is a car," said Hayley. "It's how we get around. Here." She took Sméagol's hand, and led him to the other side. "Why don't you sit in the back with Cheyenne?"

"Oh, alright."

Hayley opened the car door, and Sméagol climbed in. "Here, lemme help you." She took hold of the seatbelt, and buckled it for him. "That's a seatbelt," she said. "It keeps you safe while we're driving."

"Oh, Sméagol likes seatbelt."

"Yeah, it is pretty neat."

"So, are you comfy?" I asked.

"Yes, very comfy Sméagol is, Precious," Sméagol replied happily.

Hayley then closed Sméagol's door, walked to the front of the car, and climbed in. Sméagol watched her put the key in the ignition, and giggled when he felt the vibration as the car was being turned on.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"It tickles!" Sméagol laughed.

Hayley laughed. "You like how that felt?"

"Yes!"

Then, Hayley slowly backed out of the driveway, turned around, and began to drive.

"Weeeeeeeeeeeee!" Sméagol squealed.

Hayley and I laughed.