Chapter 20 - Audrey

As much as I wanted to stay in that room with Eve forever, the next few days flew by. Before I knew it, Eve was crowned Queen, making me a Queen. It was so strange to think of myself as a Queen. I was the youngest of 7 sisters, I was never supposed to get the throne. But here I am, on land, married to a woman, and Queen. It felt unreal but every time Eve kissed me, I was reminded it was. This wonderful life was my reality. I couldn't be more thankful for how everything turned out. Every day was some sort of new adventure whether it be discovering a new place in the palace, exploring the markets in the nearby villages, or finding out new things about my wife. I kept in contact with my family and saw them on a regular basis. Everything was absolutely perfect.

I was rushing to Eve's room, having just gotten back from visiting my family. There was some exciting news that was shared that I couldn't wait to tell her.

"Eve!! I have important news!" I called as I ran into her room.

"What is it Audrey?" Eve replied, closing the book she was reading.

"Well, I was talking with Aunt Uri. And you know how you haven't really seen my family again since the night of our wedding? Well, we realized something! When I was first transformed, I lost my voice until I kissed my true love. And now I can be transformed without losing anything. If you get transformed into a mermaid, you'll be able to transform and come with me! And it's not like you'll really lose your voice, I'll be with you and we already know I'm your true love!" I explained, my words coming out faster and faster as I got more and more excited. Eve smiled and laughed, walking over to me.

"You're adorable. I'd love to come with you to see your family. And I can see where you grew up! Oh, this'll be so much fun! I'll have Gale take care of the castle while we're gone. I'll arrange for my meetings in the next 3 days to be rescheduled so we have plenty of time with your family. You go tell Aunt Uri while I do that, ok?" Eve agreed, kissing my cheek before walking out of the room. I squealed in anticipation, absolutely thrilled that my wife was going to be able to come underwater with me. I called Shelly and told her to tell my Aunt that Eve agreed and we would be at the shore in an hour.

Before I knew it, Eve and I were walking hand and hand onto the soft sand, quickly moving behind the rock we had claimed as our own. Sitting down, the two of us leaned into each other, waiting for my family.

"You ready Eve?" I asked, rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

"I'm ready Love. I can't wait to spend time with you and your family and see where you grew up. I am a bit nervous to turn into a mermaid, but you'll be right next to me so I know I'll be ok." Eve responded, kissing my forehead. I smiled, closing my eyes, deciding I would spend our alone time relaxing. Before I could fall asleep, the sound of the water moving caught my attention. Opening my eyes, Eve and I looked at the water, watching as Uri rose up above the surface.

"Hello girls!" Aunt Uri greeted, a smile on her face.

"Hi Aunt Uri!" I replied, standing up, never letting go of my wife's hand.

"You two ready for the transformation?" Aunt Uri asked, double checking one more time that we wanted to go through with this. Eve and I looked at each other and nodded before walking about knee deep into the waves.

"Ok, Audrey, you know what this is like. Eve, it may feel a bit strange but it'll be over before you know it." Aunt Uri explained, casting the spell. I didn't let go of Eve's hand even as a bright light blocked her from my view. Not wanting to go blind, I closed my eyes. When I reopened them, my tail was gently swaying with the tides. Immediately looking at my wife, my breath left me. Her tail was stunning. A shimmering lavender tail was floating behind Eve, the color bringing out her stark black hair.