Chapter 14 - Eve

My jaw dropped as the door opened. Audrey stood there, absolutely stunning. The light blue of her dress made her eyes sparkle and her hair shine like I had never seen it shine before. My eyes examined every part of Audrey, unable to look away.

"I...I have no words to describe how beautiful you are right now." I managed to say, looking back at her face in time to see a blush spread across her cheeks.

"Thank you Eve" She whispered, the blush only burning more. In front of her, I suddenly felt underdressed. I was only wearing a simple collared tank with cuffed black jeans and my hair was in a side braid.

"I feel way underdressed compared to you. Maybe I should've dressed up more." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

"No! I like this look on you. You look really nice." Audrey said, her ears now turning pink. I smiled, taking her hand.

"Thank you. Now come on, I want to show you what I set up. I really think you'll like it." I told her, not missing the way her eyes flickered back to Cherry who was still in the room. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy even though I knew Audrey loved me. Making small filler conversation, I led Audrey to the carriages.

"Here, I'll help you in." I offered, making sure she doesn't fall while getting in the carriage. I got in after her, closing the door behind me.

"Where are we going?" Audrey asked, her eyes shimmering with curiosity.

"You'll see!" I responded, smiling at her childish eagerness. She nodded and turned to look out the window, taking in all she can about this unfamiliar world. Content, I sat back and watched the many emotions appearing on Audrey's face, enjoying this moment. Too quickly, we arrived at the destination.

"Ok, we're almost there! Just a little bit of walking!" I told Audrey, helping her out of the carriage.

"Ok! I can't wait!" She responded, smiling her bright smile. I smiled and started leading her towards the final destination. Within minutes, the place was in our sight. Suddenly stopping, Audrey gasped and teared up.

"Are you alright? Do you hate it?" I asked, worried.

"I...I love it. It's perfect!" She responded, hugging me. Before I could reply, she let go and took off sprinting towards the scene in front of us. I smiled and followed her, taking in what I had really done. The little clearing in the forest was decorated to make it seem like we were underwater. I did the best I could with help from Gale and Uri. I had managed to get suggestions from Uri before she left and tried to make it perfect for Audrey. I wanted to show her how much I really cared about her.

When I finally caught up with Audrey, she was spinning around, her face revealing how happy she was. She saw me and hugged me again, stealing my breath.

"Thank you so much Eve. This reminds me so much of my old home. I love it so much. I can't believe you did all this for me." Audrey mumbled, trying not to cry. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her.

"Of course I did this for you Audrey. You mean a lot to me and I really really like you. I had to make our first date perfect." I responded.

"Mission accomplished." She whispered, pulling back slightly only to lightly kiss me.