Chapter 17 - Uri

I was in my room, having not left except to go to my drag performances in weeks. I couldn't get the thought of my niece out of my head. Sitting up, I realized it was too quiet. Peeking out of my room, the guards were all gone.

"Where is everyone..." I mumbled, leaving the safety of my room to explore. Just as I was going to give up, I saw my brother carrying someone I thought I recognized.

"Trevor? Who is that?" I asked, moving closer.

"It is Audrey's wife. They got married before I was able to retrieve her. While I failed to get my daughter, I got her lover. She'll be down here before you know it, begging for her release." Trevor smirked, chaining Eve to the wall. A bubble was surrounding Eve's head, enabling her to breathe even while underwater. Trevor swam away, leaving me alone with his hostage. Moving close enough to touch her, I reached out and grabbed Eve's hand. It unnerved me how cold her hand was. With every second that passed, I could see her skin getting paler.

"I'll save you Eve and reunite you with Audrey. I promise. I won't let my brother ruin Audrey's life again. I refuse to let that happen." I whispered, knowing she couldn't hear me. I swam away, ideas of how to save my daughter-in-law flying through my brain.

For the next few hours, I came up with an elaborate plan to rescue Eve and get her to the surface without Trevor catching me. I knew I had to work quickly because of Audrey. I've known her her whole life, I knew she was breaking down without knowing what happened to the one she loves. Finally, the plan was ready. I entered the room where she was held, ready to perform a rescue mission.

"Oh, Uri! How nice of you to join me. You'll be quite helpful." Trevor said, seeing me when I swam in.

"I will be?" I asked, worried about his tone.

"Yes. I need you to cast a spell on the girl. I want her to forget her life on the surface." Trevor responded, turning back to whatever he was working on. 'Forget her life on the surface...that means forgetting Audrey. I can't do that.' I thought, trying to alter my plan so I could still rescue Eve.

"It will take time, so I need you to leave. It will most likely take around 2 hours. I can't have you disturb me during that time." I commanded, not leaving any room for disagreement. Trevor glared at me but nodded, swimming past me out of the room. Knowing this would be tight, I locked the door and started untying Eve, determined to save her and my niece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right as I finished untying Eve, I heard a large commotion come from outside the door. I knew that I couldn't waste any time seeing what was going on, so I turned my attention to making sure the spell keeping Eve alive was still working. Verifying it was, I picked her up and turned to the door right as it burst open.

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO SABOTAGE ME AGAIN!" Trevor screamed, gesturing his trident at me, "I WILL NOT LET YOU CONTINUE TO TAINT MY DAUGHTER!" My brother was going crazy, his tail all over the place. Just as I thought it was over, I saw an opportunity for me to escape. Taking my only chance, I sped towards Trevor, knocking him out of the way as I swam down the hallway, not knowing where I'm going just that it's away from him. I could hear him screaming after me but I ignored what he was saying. I had to pull this off. Swimming into the ballroom, I quickly locked the doors. Even if it wouldn't stop my brother, it would slow him down.

"Aunt Uri? What's going on?" I froze as I heard Alexis's soft voice. Turning around, I saw all the princesses there, staring at me. After a quick second of thinking, I decided to tell them everything.

"It's a long story and I don't have a lot of time. The general story is that Audrey is on the surface because Trevor found out she's lesbian and was going to go beserk on her. I gave her legs in exchange for her voice which she would only get back once she kissed her true love. She found her true love, who I am now holding in my arms. I need to get her back to the surface but Trevor is chasing me. Will you girls help me?" I rushed the words, hearing Trevors yells get closer. A quick moment of silence passed as the princesses looked at each other, communicating silently.

"Yes, we will. Anything to help our baby sister." Avery proclaimed, smiling at me.

"Thank you girls. This means a lot to me." I said, returning their smile.

"Let's stop Father!" Adeline cried, the second youngest of all the princess and closest to Audrey. 'We're saving you Eve. I promise.' I thought, gently setting her down on the side of the room.

"To the end of an era" I whispered, facing the door, facing the King of the sea.