Chapter 7 - Uri

As those words left Rose's mouth, I saw the hurt and tears in Audrey's eyes. Audrey was frozen in place. I couldn't imagine what was going through her head, but I knew that this was a mistake. I couldn't take it back though. Rose is already under my spell. She already broke up with Audrey. I hoped this would make Audrey go back to the ocean but as this moment was frozen in time, I knew that would never happen. Not even looking at Rose and I again, Audrey sprinted upstairs.

"Babe, I'll be right back. I'm going to the bathroom." I told Rose, brushing past her to go upstairs. I heard her call back but I didn't process what she said. I entered the room where I heard the most movement and saw Audrey throwing things in a bag.

"Listen, Audrey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just wanted you to get so upset and go back to the ocean. True love doesn't exist, that's what I was trying to show you." I apologized as I reached out for Audrey's wrist. Right as my fingers brushed her wrist, she pulled her arm away from me, glaring at me through her tears. She grabbed her bag and started to shove past me.

"Audrey, please! I never meant for it to get this far. Forgive me, don't run away." I begged her, tears welling up in my own eyes. Audrey gave me a cold, hard stare before yanking her wrist away and slamming the door before I could get another word out. My niece was gone. She was hurting and it was all my fault. I had to fix this somehow. I threw the door open and began to rush downstairs but was caught before I could make it out the front door.

"Uri, where are you going? Audrey left. I don't think she wanted to be here anymore. I agree, it would've been awkward living with my ex. I'm ok with it though! Now you can move in with me!" Rose said, not pausing to let me talk, her grip iron tight. I stared helplessly at the still open door, knowing my niece was alone in the world, no voice, and hurting. All because of me.