Chapter 13 - Audrey

Taking a deep breath, Aunt Uri and I stepped into the water. Immediately, I felt the tides pull me deeper into the ocean. Beginning to panic, all air left my lungs. I was frozen in place, terrified that my dad would drag me down to the depths of the ocean. Then, I felt a hand pulling me back and the pressure of the water fading slightly.

"I got you Audrey, I'm not letting you leave me!" I heard Eve shout. Desperate, I looked back at her, the strain on her face revealing how hard she was fighting for me. Even with how hard she was trying, I could feel my hand slipping from her grasp. Completely terrified, I buckled, my legs being unable to support me. 'I can't go back. I can't. I want to stay here with Eve. I love her.' I thought as the war raged on. Just as I thought I would be pulled under the surface, I felt the water pressure completely recede.

"NOW EVE!" Aunt Uri shouted, her face going red with effort. I looked at her in time to see her necklace glowing, clearly counteracting my dad's power. With a final pull, I felt myself slide out of the water, Eve using so much force she fell onto the sand. I crawled closer to her and hugged her tightly.

"I thought my dad was going to win..." I mumbled, not letting go.

"I told you. I would never let you go." Eve responded, running a hand through my hair. I didn't want to let her go, but I knew I had to thank Aunt Uri before she left. Sitting up, I turned to where she was sitting in the water.

"Thank you Aunt Uri... This means a lot to me." I told her. I smiled back at her when she smiled in response to what I said.

"Of course Audrey. I know what I did was wrong, I was blinded by want. I'm sorry for doing that. I hope I can one day do enough for you to forgive me. Have a good life up here with Eve. You two work well together." Aunt Uri replied, smiling one last time before submerging herself, making her way back to my old home. I turned back to Eve and hugged her again.

"Thank you for saving me..." I whispered, loving being this close to her.

"Always. I love you. I will always do everything I can to save you." She answered, rubbing my back. Remembering how I almost was taken back underwater, I shivered, tears forming in my eyes.

"I was so scared... I really thought my dad was going to win. I can't go back there, ever." I confessed, burying my face in Eve's shoulder. Feeling her hands pull me tighter, I relaxed a little.

"I will never let that happen. I promise" Eve assured, kissing me on the cheek.

"I know. But still, thank you." I said.

"Of course Audrey. Let's get back to the castle now, ok?" Eve asked, her hands running through my hair again. I sat up in agreement, the two of us standing and making our way back to the castle. Once we got back to my room, we split ways, me going into my room and Eve going to her own room. Collapsing on my bed, I hugged my pillow tight. 'Aunt Uri got back to the water, Eve told me she loved me, and we're going on a date tomorrow. How could things get any better?' I thought, drifting off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I awoke feeling happier than I had in a long time. The date was today and I was so excited. Before I could do anything though, Gale came into my room.

"Miss Audrey, Princess Eve would like to send in a breakfast for you. She requests that you get ready in your room and wait until she knocks. If you would like help getting ready, simply press the button next to the closet. That will signal maids to come to your assistance. Now, enjoy your meal," Gale announced, bowing and moving out of the way, allowing servants to enter the room. All sorts of food was on the dishes, eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, fruit, yogurt, and more. I couldn't help but gasp.