Chapter 12 - Eve

I sat there as the two girls explained everything, in depth, starting from the very beginning when Audrey's dad found out. After what seemed like forever, the two finished speaking. Audrey avoided my gaze and said nothing, clearly waiting for me to start the conversation. Not saying anything, I went and gave Audrey a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry that's happened to you. Nobody deserves to have that happen to them. I'm sorry I doubted you and avoided you." I apologized, not letting go.

"It's ok Eve. I know it's hard to believe. I mean, who expects the girl they found half dead and mute to be a mermaid turned human?" Audrey said, a light laugh escaping from her lips. I pulled away slightly, loving the smile and relief on the face of the girl standing so close to me.

"Uri, can you please stay here? Do not leave the castle, I would like to talk to you some more, but I would like to talk to Audrey in private and since you don't know the way around.." I trailed off. Uri nodded and sat in the window, staring outside. Taking Audrey's hand, I pulled her to my room.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" Audrey asked, making herself comfortable on my bed. Before speaking, I sat next to her and took her hand again.

"I know that we haven't talked in a few days, which is all my fault, but you are still very important to me. You already know that I love you. I would really like it if I could take you on a date. I obviously want to be girlfriends but I want it to be romantic and on a date. Would that be ok with you?" I asked, feeling my face heat up, suddenly feeling very shy. I felt her squeeze my hand and I looked up hopefully.

"Of course I will go on a date with you." Audrey replied, her smile shining bright.

"Perfect! How about tomorrow afternoon?" I questioned, ideas already running through my mind for the perfect date.

"That works just fine with me." She said, kissing my cheek lightly. She was about to say something when a yawn interrupted her.

"You're obviously tired. You stay here and get some rest. I'll be back soon, ok?" I told her, gently laying Audrey down, placing my blanket on the girl. She nodded, too tired to argue. Quickly leaving my own room, I made my way back to Audrey's room where Uri is. Opening the door, I found her in the exact same position she was when I left.

"Uri," I said, pausing so she could look at me, "I know that you're Audreys Aunt. However, I will not let you hurt the girl I love. So I am sorry to do this but I don't think Audrey would be comfortable with you staying here. You've been exploring for months, surely you have friends you could stay with? I'm aware you may not be able to go back to the ocean but surely..." Uri stayed silent, contemplating something.

"Well...there is a solution that makes us all happy." Uri suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three of us walked down to the beach, Audrey and I holding hands while Uri walked alone. As we approached the ocean, Uri took a deep breath and started explaining the entire plan.

"Once we get to the edge of the water, Audrey and I will walk into the ocean. I will go all the way in, transforming back into my true self. As soon as Audrey steps in, Eve you pull her out. Be prepared for the tide and water to work against you. Trevor is constantly on watch for Audrey so you need to work fast and hard. Do not let her go, no matter what. I will do everything I can to assist you from in the water. The benefit of being banished is he can only banish you once over the same crime. He also can't make up crimes to banish you. So I'll be able to stay underwater once I'm in the water. But again, you need to get Audrey out of het water as soon as possible." Uri explained.

"Except if I'm getting back in the water, will I lose my legs?" Audrey asked, squeezing my hand.

"No, you won't. I didn't make the spell like that." Uri assured.

"Why will this even work?" I cut in the conversation.

"Because of the way Trevor banished me. He said I could come back if I came back with Audrey. But he never said Audrey had to stay in the water once she entered. I'm assuming he thinks he'll be able to bring her back easily. He's not counting on the fact that you're here EVe. Which is why you need to get her out as soon as you can. If he gets full control over the tides, she'll be lost to you." Uri said, her expression showing how serious she was. I nodded, not letting go of Audreys hand. We all stopped at the water line as Uri looked over at us.

"You guys ready?" Uri questioned, her face solemn. Still holding each other's hands, Auidrey and I both nodded.

"Then let's do this." Uri said, her voice confident.