You'll Always Be My Twin

It was a few months later and Sybil was practically at the end of her pregnancy. Florence and Tom were still at Downton, they had decided to stay until they thought of something else. Tom wasn't too pleased about it, but for now Downton was safe and they had nowhere else to go. The family loved having the small family around as it meant that they could see Alex grow up and catch up on missed time with the couple, mainly Florence. Florence also loved being back at Downton as it meant that she could be with her twin throughout her pregnancy. Florence had been helping Sybil through her pregnancy and giving her advice on being a mother. Sybil appreciated every bit of advice and treasured having her twin around. Right now Sybil had been having pains and Dr Clarkson had just been to check up on her. Florence was with the men of the family stood out side of Sybil's bedroom waiting for any news. The rest of the women were inside Sybil's bedroom. Florence was only stood out side as she had been asked to leave by Dr Clarkson for making her twin too anxious. Tom was stood behind his wife, who was biting her nails, he had his hands on her shoulders to try and comfort her.

"Everything is fine" explained Dr Clarkson as he emerged from Sybil's bedroom with Cora. Florence let out a sigh of relief and lent back into her husband, Tom rubbed Florence's shoulders to show his support.

"You mean it was a false alarm?" asked Robert. He was concerned for his daughter, but he wasn't so enthusiastic about being awoken for no reason.

"Not exactly. These early labour pains show that the womb is preparing itself for birth" explained Dr Clarkson. Robert looked stunned at what Dr Clarkson had just told him, he wasn't expecting to be told in such detail. Florence smirked at her father, she knew that he wouldn't enjoy these next few days with being told about birth. She also knew what there was no way that Robert would've have been there throughout Cora giving birth, unlike Tom who was there for Florence.

"Doctor Clarkson, I'm afraid Lord Grantham doesn't enjoy medical detail. The point is, can we all go back to bed?" questioned Cora. Everyone was glad that Cora asked this, they were all so tiered.

"You can. And so can I" smiled Dr Clarkson

"I'll see you out" said Mary

"Sir Philip Tapsell will be here tomorrow" said Robert. Nobody could understand why Robert had called for another Doctor to be here, the all thought that they were going to be perfectly fine with just Dr Clarkson.

"Of course. If you think it advisable" Dr Clarkson obviously wasn't going to disagree with Robert.

*****

"I'm the size of a house, my back hurts, my ankles are swelling and my head aches. Honestly, I cannot recommend this to anyone" complained Sybil

"We'll I've been there and done that" chucked Florence, which caused Mary and Sybil to laugh too.

"I am listening, but of course I'm dying to start one of my own" said Mary. The twins shared a look of surprise.

"So you're not waiting?" asked Florence

"Waiting for what?" Mary was curious as to what Florence was on about

"I don't know. But I did wonder" Florence could tell that Mary wanted to ask more questions but left it at that. The room went silent and the nurse left.

"Mary, Florie. I've just realised that the christening will be here, at Downton" brought up Sybil

"Is that a problem?" wondered Mary "I thought that it was always going to be at Downton"

"It was, and, we were going to address it later together. But, me and Oscar want you and Tom to be godparents" explained Sybil while looking at Florence. Florence put her hand over her mouth in shock and started to cry.