Ireland

Not long after Matthew and Mary's wedding Florence, Tom and Alex returned back to Ireland. Florence was sad to leave her family, but was also relieved to leave on good terms this time. Florence made her family promise that they would come and visit her and Tom in Ireland, they all agreed as long as Florence and Tom visited Downton.

It was strange getting back to normal after being at Downton too. Florence had to go shopping almost straight away for food and Tom was due back at work a few days after they had arrived back. Florence wasn't nursing for now as both her and Tom felt that it was best that she stayed home with Alex. So, with just Tom's income it was difficult. They did have some of the money that Violet sent them left over, but they were saving it for another visit to Downton. To Florence's surprise it was actually Tom's idea as he saw how much his wife needed to see her family every now and again.

Florence didn't really care though, in fact she loved being back in Ireland. Although her and Tom were able to act like a married while at Downton, it was nothing compared to Ireland. Florence also enjoyed being able to run her own home and cook her own meals, it was something that she never thought she would do.

While back in Ireland Florence kept in regular contact with all of her family, even Robert. She was glad that she left on good terms. Robert made his daughter promise to telephone Downton once week from the telephone in the near by shop, if she didn't then he would telephone the shop himself worried. He did this a few times and ever since Florence made sure to telephone her father. It wasn't just Florence that was happy that she left on good terms, Tom was too. He said that he could see how Florence was almost like a different person now she wasn't worrying about her family.

The small family hadn't been back in Ireland long when Florence received a letter from Edith. She had written to say that she was engaged to Sir Anthony. Florence was happy for her older sister as it was always Edith who had been left out. However, Florence was concerned that Sir Anthony was much more older that Edith. Sure Tom was older that Florence, but not that much older. But, Florence wasn't going to stop her sister. If Edith was happy, then Florence was happy. When Florence told Tom she was surprised that he suggested going to Edith's wedding. He knew that they had more than enough money left from Violet to go. He also knew that Florence would be devastated if she missed Edith's wedding.

*****
Sorry for such a short chapter, it was just a filler chapter. I also thought that as the last chapter was so long I would make this one much shorter.

Hope you're all enjoying it and thank you for reading it. I really appreciate it xx