Mrs Florence Branson

June 1919

*****

It was a few months later and Florence was getting more and more anxious to get married. A month after getting Robert's approval for their relationship, Oscar and Sybil had gotten engaged. Florence was over the moon for her twin, but also upset that she wasn't married. Matthew was still heartbroken over the death of Lavinia, but knew that Lavinia would've wanted Sybil and Oscar to get married. Florence and Tom were getting ready to tell everyone and get married soon though. They had enough money saved up, they were just putting their final plans into place.

None of this reassured Florence that she would be getting married soon though, she felt like it was never going to happen. Sybil had been planning her wedding and was planning on getting married in September.

Florence needed to get away from talks of weddings and made her way to Tom's cottage. Florence knocked quickly and soon enough Tom answered.

"I thought you were wedding planning?" chucked Tom as he and Florence made their way into the cottage.

"I'm just fed up of it all. I feel like I'm having weddings shoved down my throat. If it's not Sybil's, it's Mary's" admitted Florence. Tom sent a reassuring smile to Florence. He knew that she was eager to get married soon, but they were putting their final plans in place.

"Do you want a drink?" asked Tom. Florence just nodded. "What do you want?"

"Anything strong" laughed Florence through her frustration.

"Is whisky alright?" question Tom. Florence nodded again as Tom poured him and Florence a glass each.

The couple drank and talked for what felt like hours, they were both intoxicated. Tom was currently saying something to Florence, but she wasn't listening, she was almost hypnotised by Tom's lips. Florence didn't let him speak any longer and crashed her lips on to his. Tom didn't take long to kiss back. They had kissed many times before, but not like this, this was filled with love and lust. Tom could tell that Florence wanted more and pushed her off.

"We can't do this" said Tom breathless

"Why? I want you to love me" responded Florence, breathless herself

"We're not married" tried to reason Tom

"We will be soon" answered Florence as she stated to kiss Tom's neck so he would give in. Tom was craving Florence, he was trying so hard not to give in to her. He didn't want Florence to regret her actions.

"Please Mr Branson" that's all it took for Tom to give in to Florence, he carried her upstairs to his bedroom. Although their judgments were both clouded due to the alcohol, the couple both knew they wanted this. That night Florence and Tom showed each other how much they loved each other, forgetting all consequences.

*****
July 1919
*****

About one month later Florence and Tom were nearly ready to tell the family about their relationship. They were just waiting to hear back from a job that Tom had applied for in Dublin. The couple had decided to start their lives there and were getting more eager every day to go.

Since that night that the young couple shared Florence hadn't felt the best. Florence brushed it off at first thinking that it was just a bug. However, the moment that she missed a month, Florence knew that she had to confront Tom. Luckily, she found him in the garage working on the car.