The New Chauffeur

Tom is finally here!
*****
Florence was sat in the library reading while her father was sat at his desk doing paper work. Robert never minded Florence in the library while he did his work, after all she was his favourite. Carson then entered the room.

"You wanted to see the new chauffeur, my lord" said Carson as he entered the library causing Florence too look up from her book.

"Yes, indeed. Please send him in. Come in, come in. Good to see you again. Branson, isn't it?" asked Robert

Florence thought he was handsome. She had never seen anyone like him before, her thoughts caused her to blush and try to hide behind her book.

As Tom stood there he noticed the young girl who was sat in the corner of the room reading. She had blond hair and was wearing a long pink dress with red lipstick. Tom thought she looked so beautiful, but he knew he couldn't speak to her as he guessed she was the Earl's daughter.

"That's right, Your Lordship" answered Tom

'Oh he's Irish' thought Florence and caused her to blush more and put her head deeper into the book. Tom noticed this a tried to hide a smirk, he found it cute when she did this.

"I hope they've shown you where everything is and we've delivered whatever we promised at the interview" said Robert, he noticed how Florence was reacting to the new chauffeur and he didn't like it.

"Certainly, milord" replied Tom. Florence wanted him to talk forever, she loved his accent, she also knew she had to say something.

"Won't you miss Ireland?" questioned Florence. Tom was shocked she was talking to him, but he thought she sounded so beautiful. More beautiful than she looked.

"Ireland, yes, but not the job. The mistress was a nice lady, but she only had one car and she wouldn't let me drive it over twenty miles an hour, so it was a bit...well, boring, so to speak" answered Tom honestly, causing both Florence and Robert to laugh.

"You've got a wonderful library" said Tom in admiration. He did love the library, but he also wanted to talk to the beautiful lady in the corner more.

"You are very welcome to borrow books if you wish" said Robert

"Really, milord?" questioned Tom

"Well, there's a ledger over there that I make everyone use, even my daughters. It's mainly my daughter Florence, over there, who uses it anyway. Carson and Mrs Hughes sometimes take a novel or two. What are your interests?" asked Robert.

'What a beautiful name' thought Tom 'Florence'

"History and politics mainly" replied Tom. As he said it he noticed Florence look up and smile at him.

"Heavens, the same as Florence. Carson, Branson is going to borrow some books. He has my permission" said Robert. Tom couldn't believe him and Florence had the same interests.

"Very good, my lord" said Carson

"Is that all, milord?" asked Tom

"It is. Off you go and good luck" replied Robert. Tom then left the library and it made Florence a bit sad. She wanted to see more of him.

"He seems a bright spark after poor old Taylor. And to think Taylor's gone off to run a tea shop. I cannot feel it will make for a very restful retirement, can you?" asked Robert, he wasn't going to acknowledge the interaction between Florence and Tom. He thought it was better left at bay and that nothing would happen anyway.

"I would rather be put to death, my lord" said Carson

"Quite so. Thank you, Carson" said Robert
*****
That afternoon Florence decided to greet the new chauffeur. She wanted to see him again so she made her way to the garage hoping he was there. As she approached she noticed the garage door open, this meant he must be there.