Chapter 21

Hadley's P.O.V.

Today has not been my day and it's not even 9:00 in the morning. My alarms didn't seem to want to go off when they were supposed to, making me miss my bus and be late for school.

I some how barely managed to get to class right before the bell rang, I sighed and slumped into my chair. I opened my bag to grab my homework from last night and realized that I forgot it at home on the kitchen table, I groaned as I put my head down on the desk. "Hadley, do you have your homework?" My teacher asked as she held her hand out for me to hand it to her "I'm sorry Mrs. Long, I forgot it at home" I said shyly "really? I expected way more from you Hadley" she said before walking away "more of what? I'm allowed to forget things, I didn't mean to forget my homework, but I did. That's no excuse for you to be a bitch and expecting to much of me" I say as I turn back to look at her "excuse me?" She said "you heard me, I'm only human and I'm allowed to forget things. So for the love of god get the fuck off my back for missing one thing. I mean, this is literally the first time I've ever forgotten my homework in the 4 years I've been here so why is it such a big fucking problem for you?" I say, I can see some of the other students silently cheering. Mrs. Long was the toughest and meanest teacher at this school and she needed to be put in her place. "You can see yourself to the principals office" she said with no emotion in her voice. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my bag and made my way to the principals office.

"Hello Ms. Bagans, how can I help you?" The secretary asked "hi Mrs. Wilson. I was send down by Mrs. Long" I smile "ok, and what's her reasoning behind it?" She questioned "she got upset with me about something really small, she said she wasn't happy with my answer and sent me here" I told her and just as I finished saying that Mrs. Long walked into the room, I internally groaned.

I was told to sit outside of the principals office, but still in the office area where the secretary's sat. I heard the door open, I looked up to see who it was and I saw an angry looking dad. I gave him a small shy wave, he just shook his head in disappointment. "Hi, I'm here about my daughter Hadley" he said to the secretary "ah yes, right this way" Mrs. Wilson said, getting dad to follow her.

"Hadley, can you come in here please" Mr. Young said holding the door open for me. I took a seat next to dad while Mr. Young sat down in front of us and Mrs. Long standing beside him. "So we've got a bit of a situation on our hands. Apparently Hadley started to yell at Mrs. Long here in class today" he stated, I could see dad looking over at me once he said this. I was debating on if I should okay something or not. I decided to just keep my mouth shut because I knew in the end I would only make things worse. "Ok, what exactly happened for her to get to this point?" Dad asked, looking straight at my teacher "I was just collecting homework when she got mad and started yelling at me, I did nothing to provoke her" she says, lies coming out of her mouth "that's a lie" I stated "when I told you that I forgot my homework at home you said 'really? I expected way more from you Hadley.' I've literally never done anything to you, yet you hate me for no reason" I said, my voice getting a little louder near the end. "That still doesn't give you the right to call her a bitch though Hadley" Mr. Young said "well maybe she should stop being a bitch then" I stated, never breaking eye contact with her. "You called her a bitch?" Dad questioned and I knew by the tone of his that I was going to get an ear full when we're alone together. "Ok, so think it would best if you, Hadley, had a week off to think about this whole situation" Mr. Young told me "what do you mean a week off?" I question, finally breaking eye contact with my teacher looking over at him "what I mean is that you're going to have a weeks worth suspension" he stated "great, I'm the one who's getting in trouble when it wasn't even me who started this whole thing in the first place, and now I'm suspended and she's going back to work and doesn't get anything but a 'do better' how is that fair?" I questioned, my voice getting louder again. Nobody said anything for a few seconds "we'll deal with this situation, but until then, you're still going to be suspended for a week" Mr. Young said. I sighed as I slumped back into my chair, completely angry at this whole situation.