Chapter 18

Hadley's P.O.V.

It's been a few months since I had my appendix taken out and I'm completely back to normal. It was the beginning of summer and dad was taking me out driving for the first time.

I got my G1 the day of my 16th birthday, May 12th. Dad and I have just been pretty busy the last month and a half that we haven't really gone out much. I've had enough practice though that I'm comfortable driving on bigger roads. "Ok, ready?" dad asked as he got into the passenger seat "ready" I say as I started the car and put it into gear. I pulled up to the end of the drive way "go left" dad told me, so I turned left and started driving, slowly gaining speed.

"I need you to calm down dad, you're making me nervous" I say as I pulled up to the stop sign "I know, I'm sorry" he said as he loosened his grip on the handle above the door. "Is it ok if we head home? I'm getting tired" I asked "of course" he smiled over at me.

"You did good today" dad said "thanks, can we go out again tomorrow?" I asked "sure" he smiles over at me.

The next afternoon dad and I decided that we should try going through a drive-threw. "What do you want to eat?" I asked as I pulled up to the Wendy's drive through "I'll just get a burger combo" he smiled over at me, I nodded and pulled up to the speaker "hi welcome to Wendy's, what can I get for you?" The person on the other end asked "hi, could I just get a burger combo with a Coke and a chicken finger combo with a Coke as well please?" I asked "if course. Your total is $23.95" the person told me "thank you" I say before I slowly pull up, trying not to hit anything. "Here you are" the guys said as he handed me our food right after we paid "thank you so much, have a nice day" I smiled before pulling out of the drive threw. I pulled up to the curb before I started to head home "dad, I'm gonna need you to breath" I joked "sorry, I was just scared that you'd hit something" he laughed "but I didn't! Now let's go home" I say.

(A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know it's kinda short, and I know that it's not much, but I do hope you like it. Please don't forget to vote and comment!)