Chapter 1

Zak's P.O.V.

Nobody ever said that it would be easy to raise a child on your own, but somehow I've managed to do a pretty good job of it for the last 4 years and my daughter has turned out amazing.

"Daddy! It's time to get up" I heard a small voice say and felt someone jumping on the bed, I opened my eyes and saw Hadley jumping up and down to try and wake me up. I smiled as I pulled her down and tickled her sides, she started to giggle "are you sure it's time to get up?" I asked "yeah! I want pancakes!" She told me as she got off my bed and ran out to the small kitchen, currently we were living in a small one bedroom, one bathroom apartment, it was in a bit of a sketchy part of Vegas, but it was big enough for the both of us for now, I've been trying to save up to get us a bigger place and I've been looking at a few new places in Vegas. I think it would be easier to do it soon seeing as how Hadley is still young and hasn't started school yet. Its hard working as a wedding disc jockey and a few other small jobs all while taking care of a small kid who needs attention 24/7, but it's nice to have my mom and sister help me out with childcare once and a while.

I get up, put on a shirt and follow her to the kitchen to make her some pancakes. "So what do you want to do today until daddy has to go to work sweetheart?" I asked as I put a plate of cut up pancakes in front of her "can we watch princess movies?" She asked before putting some food in her mouth I gave her a small smile before saying "of course, lets just finish our food first ok?" causing her to get really excited and eat a little quicker. When we were both done eating, I grabbed our plates, put them in the dishwasher, walked into the living room to set up the movies for Hadley and I to watch and then sat down on the couch beside Hadley.

After a few hours of watching some movies and colouring with Hadley, my mom showed up to watch her for the night while I go to work. "Alright, I'll see you when you wake up in the morning. Be good for grandma, ok" I say as I get down on her level "ok daddy, I love you" she said before wraping her arms around my neck "I love you to baby girl" I say kissing her head and the walking out the door. I then made my way down to my car and headed towards the venue where I was disc jockeying tonight.

After the wedding was over I made my way back home, I saw that my mom and Hadley feel asleep on the couch. So I gently picked Hadley up, put a blanket over mom, turned off the tv and went to the bedroom. I placed Hadley down on her little bed in the corner of the room, tucked her in before changing into a pair of sweat pants and a t shirt and then hoped into bed and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning I woke up before Hadley, I made my way to the kitchen to start making breakfast and some coffee. While I was making the coffee my mom walked into the kitchen "morning sweetheart" she said before kissing my cheek "morning mom, how'd you sleep?" I asked as I handed her a cup of coffee "thanks. And it was alright" she smiled and took the mug. We ended up talking for a little while longer before Hadley walked in, clearly still tired "good morning princess, how are you!" I asked as she walked over to me she just mumbled a "fine" before she got up on my lap, wrapped her arms around my neck and just held on tight. I saw my mom smile at us from the corner of my eye, I focused on my daughter for a few more seconds before looking back at mom "you're great with her" she said as she continued to smile "I'm just doing my best, she deserves more" I smiled back at her "what do you mean? You're already giving her the best life possible" she questioned "I know, but I feel like I should be giving her more of a childhood. We've been in this tiny ass apartment ever since she was born and Kathy left" I sighed at the mention of my ex girlfriend and the mother of my child's name. Mom gave me a sad look "listen honey, I know this isn't the ideal situation to be in. But that little girl right there on your lap loves you more than anything in the world. You're doing everything you can to make sure she's happy and healthy, that's all that matters" she said with a small smile at the end "thanks mom" I smiled back at her. I got up from my seat, put Hadley on my hip and walked over to the stove to start making some eggs for breakfast "would you like dippy eggs or scrambled eggs?" I whispered to Hadley "scrambled" she said quietly, laying her head in the crook of my neck. I made the eggs, some toast, got some juice and put them on the table for Hadley to start picking at, I made some eggs for mom and I before I sat down at the table. Today we wouldn't be doing much, a few things to do here and there, we'd maybe go out to lunch with mom and Meredith, but other than that not much.

(A/N: hey guys! The idea for this book came to me in the middle of the night a few nights ago, so I thought I'd run with it lol. I hope you enjoy it. Please don't forget to like, comment and share!)