Chapter 3

Zak's P.O.V.

We had finally moved into the new house, and just in time for Hadley to have her first day of kindergarten. To say I was a little emotional was a big understatement, I just can't believe that my little girl is finally going to school.

I woke up at 7:00 and started making some breakfast for Hadley and I. She had her first day of school today, we had everything ready, we even packed her lunch last night and it's sitting in the fridge waiting to be put in her backpack. Half way through making breakfast Hadley walked into the kitchen "morning princess! You ready for school?" I asked her "yeah! I'm excited" she said and I helped her get up onto the stool in front of the island.

I cut up a pancake and put it in front of Hadley so she could start eating. Once she was done, I washed her hands and face then I got her dressed for the day. Once she was ready we walked outside so we could wait for the bus, mom and Meredith would be meeting us there so they could see Hadley off on her first day of school, I grabbed her back pack and her hand and started walking out the door and to the bus stop. "Grandma! Aunty Mer!" Hadley said excitedly as she ran towards them "what are you guys doing here?" She asked, pulling away from the hug "we couldn't miss our girls first day of school, now could we?" Mom told her, making her smile. There were a few other families waiting here at the bus stop, it was just at the end of the street we lived on. After waiting for a few minutes the bus finally pulled up. I helped Hadley put her backpack on, got down to her level and gave her a hug "be good today, yeah?" I said pulling away "ok, bye daddy I love you" she smiled at me before getting on the bus, I stood up and watched the bus start to pull away. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out, I felt mom and Meredith put their hands on my shoulders "it'll be ok Zak. She'll be ok" mom said quietly "I know, it's just going to be weird and really quiet without her though" I said with a small chuckle, making them laugh.

I finally made my way back to the house after sending Hadley off to school. The house was to quiet and I didn't really like it, how am I supposed to survive 12 years of her going to school if I could hardly survive the first day? I did my best to occupy myself for the rest of the day until I had to pick Hadley up at the bus stop at 3:00. Once 2:50 rolled around I made my way over to the bus stop, if you couldn't tell I'm pretty excited for my daughter to come home. In the next 10 minutes more parents showed up to pick up their kid(s). The bus finally arrived and Hadley was the fourth kid to get off "hey princess! How was your day?" I asked as I picked her up to give her a hug "it was great! I had so much fun" she smiled at me "that's great! Let's head home yeah?" I put her down and held her hand as we walked home.

"What would you like for a snack?" I asked her as I put her backpack down "do we have any grapes?" She asked "of course we do, let's go" I said and started walking towards the kitchen. I got her some grapes and talked to her about her day, she said that she made two new friends today, Jessica and Avery. We talked about her day a little bit more before I started making dinner, I put on some shows for Hadley to watch while I was doing so.

After dinner we made up Hadley's lunch for tomorrow and watched a fun kids movie before getting ready for bed.

(A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter! Please don't forget to vote, comment and share)