Chapter 17

Hadley's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning in a lot of discomfort. My stomach hurt, I felt sick, extremely hot, and it hurt to move. I decided that I was just going to stay home today, not really in the mood to go to school while feeling like shit. "Come on Had's. It's 7:30, you're going to be late for school" dad said as he turned on the lap on my bed side table "I don't feel good" I groaned as I moved my hands to cover my eyes "come on, you're fine. Let's go" he says before walking out of the room.

I groan as I slowly sit up, instantly regretting it. I hop out of bed and run to the bathroom down the to throw up what ever was in my stomach, I felt someone pull my hair back so I wouldn't get it dirty as I finished up. "Dad, I don't feel good" I managed to choke out "I can see that" he said as he felt my forehead "let's get your temperature checked" he said as he got up to grab the thermometer out of the cupboard "100.5, that's really high. What else is bothering you?" He asked once he was done taking my temperature "my stomach hurts, I'm really hot, I feel sick every time I move, and it hurts to move in general" I told him, tears starting to form in my eyes. He nodded "ok, let's get you over to the doctors" he said as he helped me up, I brushed my teeth and threw my hair up into a bun to keep it out of the way. Once I was done that dad helped me out to the car and made our way over to the emergency room.

Once we got to the emergency room we got put into a room to be seen by a doctor right away. The pain in my stomach really started hurting that I started to silently cry and curl into a ball, I felt dad put his hand on my head as he started to rub my hair, trying to comfort me in some way.

A few minutes later the doctor came in and introduced herself as Dr. Bailey and asked what brought us here. Dad explained what was going on because I was in to much pain to speak. She started doing her assignment "so by the looks of it you got appendicitis, we've got to get you into surgery right away before it gets any worse" she said before throwing her plastic gloves into the garbage. She got dad to follow her out into the hall while they started preparing me for surgery.

A few minutes later dad came back into the room right before I got wheeled back to the operating room. "Hey kid, so it's just going to be a quick surgery. 45 minutes and then you'll be done, ok?" He told me "ok" I nodded.

They took me back to the operating room and did the last few preparations. "Ok Hadley, this is just some gas to put you to sleep" the doctor told me "ok" I said as he put the mask over my face, finally putting me to sleep.

Zak's P.O.V.

At around 7:30 Hadley still wasn't up, she's usually up by now. So I made my way to her room to see what was going on, when I knocked and entered her room I saw that she was still in bed. "Come on Had's. It's 7:30, you're going to be late for school" I said as I turned on the lamp on her bed side table "I don't feel good" she groaned as she moved her hands to cover her eyes. "Come on, you're fine. Let's go" I say before walking out of the room. She's pulled the "I don't feel well" card a few times to get out of school and this was probably another one of those times.

After I left I heard Hadley starting to move around, but then I heard her start running to the bathroom. I quickly went up the stairs and towards the bathroom to see her throwing up. I held her long hair back so she wouldn't get any vomit in it, after a few seconds she was done. "Dad, I don't feel good" she managed to choke out "I can see that" I said as I felt her forehead "let's get your temperature checked" I said as I got up to grab the thermometer out of the cupboard "100.5. That's really high. What else is bothering you?" I asked once I was done taking her temperature "my stomach hurts, I'm really hot, I feel sick every time I move, and it hurts to move in general" she told me, tears started forming in her eyes. I nodded "ok, let's you over to the doctors" I said as I helped her up. She brushed her teeth and put her hair up into a bun before I helped her out to the car and made our way over to the emergency room.