Chapter 13

(This is Hadley's school uniform)

Hadley's P.O.V.

Today was my first day of high school and to say I was nervous was a big understatement. I woke up early to make sure I had enough time to get ready for the day.

"Are you excited for today?" Dad asked as he came down the stairs and grabbed some coffee "no! I'm scared shitless" I told him "don't worry about it, you'll be fine" he kissed my head before sitting next to me at the kitchen table, talked for a little while longer before I had to finish getting ready for the day. "Ok dad, I'm heading out now!" I yelled "ok, have a good day!" He yelled back from wherever he was in the house.

I walked to my bus stop and waited. A few minutes later the bus rolled up the doors opened and everyone who was at the bus stop got on, once everyone was seated the bus started moving again.

We pulled up to the school about 20 minutes later and I got off and headed towards my first class, English. "Hello, what's your name?" A women, most likely the teacher, asked "um, Hadley Bagans" I told her "ok, here you are Hadley, these are just some things for you and your parents to look at. Take a seat where ever you'd like" she smiled at me as she handed me some papers "thank you" I said before I walked to the back and took a seat. More people piled into the class when I noticed that Jessica and Avery walked in, I smiled at them as they came towards me after getting the same papers as me from the teacher "this place is so scary" Avery whisper yelled as she sat down beside me "I know right?!" I laughed.

The bell rang, signalling that class has started. "Alright! Good morning everyone, my name is Mrs. Short and welcome to English class" the teacher, Mrs. Short, said. For the next hour she taught us what she needed to before the bell rang again, signalling that there's a 10 minute break before our next class. "So what class do you guys have next? I've got math" Jessica asked us as we put our bags in our lockers "I've got math too" Avery and I said at the same time, making all three of us laugh.

"I'm so happy that I have all my classes with you guys" I said as we made our way to the cafeteria "me to! It's going to make this day a lot easier" Avery said with a sigh. Jessica, Avery and I all had the same classes this semester. First period was English, second was math, third was gym and last period was art. Between the second and third periods there's an hour for everyone to eat lunch.

Once the school day was over I got back on the bus and made my way home. "Dad! I'm home!" I yelled as I placed my bag on the ground and took off my shoes, I heard heavy foot steps running up the stairs from where his office is. "Hey! How was your first day?" He asked as he gave me a hug "it was ok, Jessica, Avery and I have all the same classes so that's nice" I told him as I pulled away from the hug "that's great!" He smiled down at me. He didn't really have far to look, seeing as how I'm 5'6" compared to his 6'0" height.

I ran upstairs and changed out of my uniform and into something more comfortable before going back downstairs and sat on the couch and started watching tv. A little while later it was time for dinner, which was just steak, beans and potatoes. When dinner was over, I helped dad clean up the kitchen and do the dishes before going back to the living room to watch a movie before bed.

"Night dad, love you" I say as I get up and hugged him "night Hadley, love you too" he says before he heads into his room.

(A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment. Just so you know, I'm making Hadley's birthday May 12 2000)