Thirty Five: Vitamins

 Sometime Isa liked to just sit and watch. 

As she sat behind the counter the next day, she did just that. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and Adrian didn't open the daycare - he never did, so he was at the store as Isa's watchdog.

He was sitting at the little reading corner, entering some information about his payments or something like that into his computer was what Isa could understand from what he talked about in the car, along with some more complicated things like planning lessons, and meals, and outside days for all the babies. He looked so calm and at peace, so...innocent. 

Adrian had been a little distant since yesterday. He was quiet, wouldn't make eye contact with Isa, or even talk to her, and that pissed her off, hurt her feelings. She liked it when he was open with her and he was slowly closing off completely.

Every few minutes he would look up from his work to see what Isa was doing, and every time she was doing the same thing: staring at him. That second, he looked up, his bright eyes locking with hers, a frown appearing on his face. 

Letting out a quiet side, Isa gave him a small smile followed by a quirky wink when his own lips lifted in response to her smile.

"Come here," Adrian mouth, beckoning he said to him with those long fingers of his.

Isa's cheeks heated with a blush, adding a pink tinge to her pretty brown skin as she shook her head with a giggle, "I can't," She whispered back to him, loving the sparkle that entered his eyes as the two playfully flirted.

"Baby, come here," Adrian repeated himself, louder this time. Katie, Isa's cashier heard him, and nudged Isa away from her leaning position on the counter and closer to the edge, "Go, Sweetie, I can handle this," She laughed, giving her one last nudge in Adrian's direction.

Isa watched as Adrian witnessed Katie's little nudge, and saw his eyes darken, the small smile leaving his face as a glower so intimidating that it made Isa flinch took its place. Before he could curse out her employee, Isa rushed over to him at the quickest humanly pace she could possibly manage, and pushed him down from where he had started to stand up, more than likely ready to start an altercation, "Adrian, don't-"

"She needs to keep her fucking hands off of you!" Adrian snapped loudly.

Wincing, Isa glanced back to see Katie's eyes wide, hearing what Adrian had said.

Adrian continued to rant, "I mean, I don't understand why it's so fucking hard for people to just keep t their God damned hands to themselves! My two year olds know how-"

Isa pressed her lips to his roughly, standing on top of his toes so that she could reach him, and still had to pull his head down to accommodate to her small stature. Adrian grunted into her mouth in shock, but stopped talking, making Isa sigh as she spoke to him through the link they  shared through her marking him, Adrian you can't do this, especially not with my employees! She was only pushing me to go to you.

He pulled away from her, a fire still brewing behind his gaze as Isa gripped his hands in hers, squeezing them as hard as she possibly could. A wave of satisfaction rushed through her when he actually winced, Isa, don't yell at me. I'll apologize okay?

She wasn't appeased as she watched Adrian break gazes with her, and look over at Katie, "I...apologize, Karen-"

"Katie-" Isa corrected him quietly.

"Oh, sorry-Katie," Adrian corrected himself, "I'm just a little on edge, I don't like people manhandling my woman."

"I-It's fine, Mr. Lew," Katie stuttered out easily, making Isa let out a sigh of relief, scared Adrian had scared away the nice girl.