Fifty Seven: White

Isaac was human, so he couldn't tell that the house was actually full when he walked inside.

Adrian, Leigh, Christian and Isa were all upstairs, hiding out in our room as Del sat in the living room, waiting her husband's entrance.

Isaac came through the front door about five minutes after they'd all taken their places. Adrian was holding Chris on his hip, the excited baby's chocolate eyes were darting all over the place. He seemed to know that his mother was surprising Daddy, and that Daddy was going to be so happy, and it was taking everything in the three adults to keep him quiet. Adrian settled on a bottle, and lay Christian in the center of the bed, the infant cradled in his arms, "You can go see Momma later, alright?"

Christian gurgled something with a giggle that made Adrian laugh quietly in return like he knew what the baby had said.

Isa smiled at the two, then tipped her head towards the front of the house as she heard her oldest brother pull up, then his car idle, then turn off before he climbed out of the vehicle with a grunt, and making his way down the walkway.

Adrian had given him a key a day after Isaline had changed Del, clapping his future coven-mate on the back and muttering about ease of access as he slipped the carved metal into Isaac's hand.

The door opened, then Isaac's voice sounded, "Where's Daddy's bug, huh?"

Isa heard the exact moment that Isaac's eyes landed on his wife, "Christian? Annalei-Del?"

"In the flesh baby," She responded coyly.

There was faint movement, then a sound Isa was too familiar with. The sounds of passion after reuniting with the one you were made for. His voice cracked, a rough whisper, "I-I... I'm so glad you're up."

Damned hormones. Isa's was crying for the second time that day, and hadn't noticed until Annaleigh had pulled her into her motherly embrace. She just... when she had woken up, it had been such an emotional moment for her because it was Adrian she was waking up to.

Thinking back, Isa knew she wasn't in love with him at that point, but there was something growing, blossoming under that bullshit lie of being Tied. Isa had felt a pull to him like no other, even after all the horrible things he did and said to her. It still made her heart hurt to think about it.

All that time, Isa was thinking that it was all her fault, being so weak, and understanding, and unable to walk away, and she knew that she took half the blame for that, but Isaline Brianne Ford was a prime example of a phenomenon in the supernatural world: you can't run away from your mate.

She'd look back on that last year, and remember it as being probably the worst in her life, starting with the mauling bites. Adrian was something terrible, evil even, and she'd been drawn to that.

Somewhere along the line, that cold man formed a love for hers that she knew now. It was the love her parents had, or at least started with. It could only grow and blossom and prosper. Isaline wouldn't go as far as to say that Adrian was a completely different man (his temper was still something cringe worthy) but he had changed a lot. She'd never seen someone make such a drastic change from horrible to the best thing to happen to someone.

And Adrian was that.

The best thing to happen to her, now with their baby.

Isaac had sounded as shocked as Adrian was when Isaline had first spoken to him, and that made her smile. The couple downstairs deserved happiness.

Isa just hoped it lasted, hoped that Isaac really was Del's mate.

The family hidden upstairs made their appearances with a round of hugs and kisses, and Leigh took Christian while Adrian and Isa gave Del and her husband their house for the night, opting for a hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the king sized bed, Adrian sat as Isaline emerged from the bathroom wearing his t-shirt.

She took one step to him before he was dragging her into his lap, and attacking her with kisses.

The two hadn't been alone at all that day, and he'd just come back from his little outing with James about two hours after Del woke up.

"Did you miss me?" Adrian growled against her skin, making Isa shiver as she nodded with a giggle, "You know I did, you brute."

Isa wouldn't let Adrian call because she swore it wouldn't help anything. The both of them missed each other, Isa could feel his longing for her through their bond, along with his anxiety, his anger, and his irritation.

She didn't know how things had went yet, but she didn't particularly care.

Isaline was just glad to be back in her man's arms.

The two were trying to settle on a middle name for the baby.

Adrian frowned from his position at Isa's feet, where he was giving her the most heavenly massage, "I like Nadeera."

"Tobias Nadeera Lew." Isa tested it out, then frowned, "I don't like it. Nadeera is a pretty name, but I want him to have your middle name."

Isa watched him mouth the baby's possible name, his face slowly forming into a large smile, "Tobias Marquise Lew."

That night, after a quick tumble atop the sheets, Adrian paused the movie they had rented, and turned to his woman, "Do you want a ceremony or the courthouse?"

Isa rubbed at her eyes sleepily, and patted her pregnant belly, "I want to have my baby first."

"Our baby," Adrian corrected her as he ran his thumb up and down her nose, "And I promise you that we wouldn't have a bastard child, Isaline. I keep to my word, and I swore I wouldn't fuck up how you wanted it to be. We're getting married before he gets here, it's just a matter of your liking."

They hadn't talked about an engagement since she turned him down the first time. Isa shuddered at the thought, staring at the frozen screen of the TV. Months ago, her answer had been a solid no, but Adrian was working, and he knew when his prime time to ask was. She liked that. He knew he'd get a yes this time, even if she didn't say it.

"It sounds like I don't have much a choice, but I really don't want to be as big as I am tight now getting married. And I can't wear white, thanks to you."

"It's your wedding day, pet," Adrian sighed as he pecked her forehead, "I don't think that anyone will say anything to you about wearing the pure color and being anything but."

Isa delivered a light slap to his cheek as he joked with her, "Adrian! I can't believe you!"

"What? Women do it all the time!" He was beyond tickled, and he was smiling.

Isa loved to see such a beautiful creature smile, especially when that smile was directed at her.

She couldn't even play like she was mad.

Isa could only grin softly at him, "I'm serious, Adrian."

He didn't listen, only groaned, and bit roughly at her chin, "So do you want the ring now or later?"

Guys, I love this story so much, but at this point, I'm tired! It's been too long, almost 2 years of me writing this, and I think I deserve to close this AND Nom De Plum. I just want to work on my newer stories (Siren included) And leave these here for some people to enjoy. It's been so fucking long, and I'm sooooooo close to the end!

On another not, guys, let me just remind you that even though we're online, I think I should be able to expect a little common courtesy, yeah? Please don't insult me, or the characters, but Mainly, please PLEASE don't tell me how I shoul have written the story. I started this as a sophomore in High school, and I'm two months from walking the stage. Next year I'll be a freshman in college. I think I have the right to say that I've grown through this book, and YES it needs major revision (Praying I get to that this summer) but please, be polite, because if I have to cuss someone out, I'm really only going to be mad because my comments will be flagged and possibly deleted. 

I digress, thank you all for your support, and I hope you enjoy this little filler.