Fifty Six: Surprise!

"Adrian?"

He looked up from his computer, his eyes landing on a very pregnant, and very hungry Isaline. She could see the frown of worry taking over his face, wrinkles forming above his brow as she entered his office, a room Isa rarely found herself wandering to unless it was for something truly wrong. He automatically thought just that, pausing to respond to his mate, "What is it pet? What's wrong?"

She pouted as she made her way to him, climbing into his lap. When Adrian caught on to what she was trying to do, he rolled his desk chair back to give her more room, "I'm hungry."

The flat look Isa received before Adrian returned to his work had her letting out a loud groan, then reaching behind her, head still buried in his neck as she closed the laptop he had chosen to work on instead of the desktop.

"Isaline!" Adrian scolded her, gripping her chin, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm hungry, baby," She whined, not able to stop herself as she blindly fiddled with his shirt before letting her small hand slide beneath the fabric, loving the way his warm skin trembled beneath her touch.

She had missed him the whole work day, speeding him to see her man, who had decided to work from home that Monday, but she was hungry, starving actually, and too tired to cook for herself. Adrian had spoiled her to the point where she would rather be held than eat, and that was saying something.

Adrian's chest rumbled as he let out a grunt of irritation after Isaline had buried herself into his flesh once more, "Then go find something to eat, Isa. I'm trying to wrap up."

"I want clam chowder." She murmured, pulling away to look into his eyes, watching the grey orbs stare blankly at her, as he looked genuinely confused.

"Then go make it. Isa I don't have time right now. I have to get all the payments the parents made over the last year together for my accountant- something I'm usually on top of, but I've been more focused on you, and I've been slacking. I've got until Wednesday to get this together. I can't play with you right now, okay? I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Isa responded, doing her best to make sure that she hid just how let down she really was, "Just make sure you eat something before you go to bed, okay?"

He was quiet, nodding, and then his loud voice filled the room, laced with guilt, "Isa baby..."

When he didn't say anything else, Isa frowned down at him after standing up, "What?"

Adrian didn't say anything for a moment, then he was trying to pull his woman back down into his lap, "Don't feel like that. I'm trying to hurry and finish up-"

"Adrian take your time, don't rush because of me. You don't want to have to go back and restart because you were flying through. It's okay, alright? I won't be going anywhere tonight."

He nodded without a verbal response, and Isa removed his hands from her waist, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips before exiting the room, trying to think of anything but how much she had just wanted to spend a little time with her mate.

She made her own chowder, proud of herself when it came out tasting just like it did when Adrian made it for her.

Isaline hadn't gotten home until about eight o'clock that night, having stayed back to order more books, and clean the store up like she wanted. Kenny hadn't come in that day, and he was the only one besides Ryan who could clean it just like she liked it. Isa was in a nesting mood all day,cleaning the front of the store where the register was, cleaning her office, and the windows at the front of the store, so she hadn't a problem cleaning some more, thanking Katie when she offered to help, but deciding to complete the task by herself.