Fifty One: Dad?

The poor thing was confused.

Well things.

Both Adrian and Christian.

Chris didn't understand why his mother wasn't playing with him as she normally did. He sat on the bed, and just stared at her, a look of confusion on his adorable face, and it broke Isa's heart.After a while of cooing to her, and getting no response, he would lie down on her chest, pull one of her arms up until Isa got the message that he wanted to be held, and she would place Del's hand on Chris's back. Only then would he fall asleep. Isaac felt worse than Isa did, and between his sister, Adrian, and himself, the three spent most of the time when they all got home just holding the infant, trying to make up for the attention he was missing from his mother.

It wasn't working.

She wished there was some type of way to explain things to the baby.

Adrian was just as lost- he hadn't the slightest clue as to why she was so upset, but Isa wasn't giving anything away to him, not until the knew everything, until she had the facts and truth. Of the two, she only had half at the moment, along with a nagging feeling telling her to trust her instincts.

Isa had to refrain from sarcastically thanking Adrian for complicating things for her so much.

Now, now she understood why her father hated it when she and her brothers used to lie. He truly hated mendacity, unlike Adrian, who claimed he did, but had been lying to her since he had crawled through her window that night that seemed like millenniums ago. A lie could start out small, like she was sure Adrian intended for it to be, but it was quickly snowballing out of control.

She had been jealous, coveting something she was almost a hundred percent sure she had from the go. Adrian was keeping up a lie, and risking friends and family exposing said lie. He was getting people to lie with him. And now she was halfway through her pregnancy, and just now finding out the truth, and on her own, at that.

Talk about being royally fucked.

And he wanted to marry her.

Adrian's mind was fucked up, Isa got that, hell so was hers to a certain extent, but he was taking this too far. She was sure that he was never going to tell her that they were mates. How could he marry her knowing he was hiding something like this from her?

Isa still didn't know for sure.

Annaleigh had hung up on her the second she asked what mates really were, and a type of rage Isaline didn't know she possessed-one that she was sure was something she had taken from Adrian- had consumed her. She had thrown her phone across the road, stormed past a worried Adrian who had come to check on her, and her power become completely uncontrollable. The living room looked worse than it did when Adrian had trashed it, and after letting that anger flow through her for hours on end, until sun up, she had collapsed into Adrian's arms when he came downstairs towards her for the first time since making the exceptional decision that Isa needed some time to be left to her own destructive devices.

He hadn't even opened his mouth, but his arms were, and Isa had fallen into them with the blankest look on her face after the insanity that had been rushing inside her, had taken the reigns, had finally fallen back and left her with control, which was something that she physically wasn't ready to take. When she woke up that Sunday morning around eleven thirty, he was sitting on the bed next to her, grey gaze filled with worry, "Are you feeling better?"

As she tried to sit up with a grunt, Adrian watched for a moment before helping her up into a sitting position, frowning down at the woman sitting across from him in silence that stretched on for minutes until he finally seemed to find the words he was struggling to grab ahold of, "So... what was that last night?"