Thirty Nine: The (Diaper) Bag

Thirty Nine

Throwing his jacket on, Adrian let out a tired sigh, leaving the daycare at ten that night. Hopefully, Isaline would be asleep by then, but if she wasn't, that wasn't Adrian's problem.

Leo had finally kicked him from his house, where Adrian had been crashing for a while, not wanting to even look at his mate after the fuck up that was his proposal, and her rejecting him because of said proposal. Adrian tried to be at home as little as he could, and he didn't even want to go back then, but, Nicole's house wasn't an option, and Leo's wasn't anymore.

He was halfway home when he decided he wouldn't be returning that night. He's get a hotel room if need be, he didn't want to be around her, it hurt too much, and though he wasn't a pussy, and though he was the one who had put her in the predicament, Adrian couldn't be around Isa. She was pregnant, and overly emotional, and though he deserved-and knew he deserved- all of the chaos being thrown at him, he still couldn't handle it. He couldn't handle being around her when she didn't love him back, knowing that she didn't love him back.

Like the fucking genius he was, Adrian had left his wallet at Leo's, so he dropped by his parents, coming in with the key both he and his sister had,  and waved at his mother who was yapping away into her phone from where she rested on the couch, praying that she didn't pay him any mind.

God was not on his side that night.

"Where's my sweet girl?" Annaleigh inquired, putting her hand over the mouthpiece to her phone as she awaited her response.

Adrian shrugged, heading up to his old room, "At home, probably asleep,"

He disappeared before any other questions could be asked.

The second he climbed out the shower at eleven-oh-five, his phone started vibrating against the bedside table. The screen was lit up with his beloved's contact picture, the beautiful creature grinning happily into his camera, and up into his face. With a sigh, he slid his finger over the green phone icon that would answer his call.

"Hello?"

It was quiet for a moment before Isaline spoke, "Adrian? Are you okay, baby?"

"Fine, Isaline, I'm fine," He tried so hard not to let the anger he was feeling seep into his voice, she didn't deserve to be victim to his wrath.

"Good," She sighed in relief, "I got worried. A-Are you coming home tonight?"

Now, it was his turn to sit in silence, groaning as he pulled his hand over his tired face before responding quietly, "No, not tonight, sweetheart."

"No women?"

She asked him this every time she called to see if he was coming home that night, her voice would get quiet like she expected him to say he was with another woman, and she would hold her breath as she was doing now, awaiting her answer.

"No women," Adrian affirmed simply, his voice soothing as he told her this.

"Okay," Isa said quietly, letting out a sigh of relief, "Well, I'll let you go then,"

"Goodnight, Isa."

"Bye,"

Just as Adrian was about to hand up, Isa's voice stopped him, "Wait! Adrian, are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm here," He responded, frowning in worry, "What's wrong?"

"Let's do something," She requested, making Adrian frown as she continued, "We never went on that date, so let's go out tomorrow. After work. I haven't seen you since Monday."