Fourteen: Draining

Fourteen

She was sitting on her couch, licking ice cream from the spoon in her hand as she watched Adrian type away furiously on his laptop. She had muted the TV long ago, so she could watch Adrian in peace-with no background noise to distract her. His expressions were better than anything she had seen on television.

"What are you doing?" Isa finally asked around a mouthful of her dessert.

Adrian glanced up at her with a distracted gaze, his steel eyes glazed. He looked very confused. Isa frowned then repeated herself.

"I'm just writing something," He murmured. Isa offered him a spoonful of her dessert, when he took the spoon into his mouth, sucking the ice cream slowly off, all the while his silver eyes locked on hers. Isa swallowed thickly, looking away from the man she was dangerously attracted to, and taking a deep breath, "What are you writing?"

Adrian only shrugged, while Isa rolled her honey eyes before setting her bowl down, and grabbing her book off the coffee table, getting lost in the pages.

The next morning, Isa had pulled on her black slacks, a pale pink button up blouse, and matching pink pumps, had done her hair, and applied her makeup before exiting her room and heading to the kitchen. Adrian was standing in the entrance to her kitchen dressed in dark pants, and a sexily tight white shirt.

Isa almost couldn't control herself.

"Where are you going?" She all but purred, stopping in front of him, letting her eyes slide down his delicious body appreciatively.

Adrian shrugged with a smirk, pulling his hair into a low ponytail, "With you,"

Isa scoffed, then chuckled at him, "What, is today bring your vampire to work day, and I was the only one who didn't get the memo?"

He quirked a brow at that, "So I'm yours now?"

Isa blushed, looking away from him as her cheeks heated even more, "I-I mean I- just thought t-that since-"

"Joking Isaline, I was joking," Adrian chuckled, watching Isa sigh before staring at the man with confused eyes.

He knew how to joke?

Isa shook her head sharply, scolding herself silently.

Why had she said that? Lately, she had been having very possessive thoughts of him; calling him her man, her baby, just hers in general.

It had to stop.

"Why do you want to come to work with me?" Isa finally asked, sliding past him gently, her hand resting in his hard, muscular stomach a she scooted by him before going to make herself some coffee.

Adrian's eyes followed her every move; Isa was aware of his every move as she flitted around, getting a quick breakfast together.

"I don't have anything else to do today, so why not?" Adrian asked in that quiet voice of his.

"Don't distract me," Isa murmured, as they walked out of the house, "I've got to do inventory, clean up, and handle the register, so I need to be focused."

Adrian grinned at Isa, putting her into a dazed haze of shock from experiencing such a rare smile, as he spoke, "I'll be a good boy, I swear." He promised, "And if I'm not, then you can spank me."

Or you could spank me. The thought flew through Isa's head so quickly it threw her off as she blinked over at the man, lips parted in shock. She could only be glad she hadn't said that out loud.

Adrian did not behave himself, by the way. By the halfway mark of Isa's day, she was feeling as if she should strangle the man to get him to leave her alone.