Thirty Four: Ginger Ale

Isaline was staring intently down at the insanely large pot of macaroni and cheese she was stirring, humming quietly to herself as Adrian alternated between tiding up a little before their families came for thanksgiving dinner, and helping Isa cook.

To say Isaline was nervous would be an understatement.

As her stomach started to roll for the umpteenth time since they had started cooking earlier in the day, Isa had to take a step back as the smell of honey glazed ham invaded her senses- Adrian was removing it from the oven, and while the smell was making her nauseous as she cooked, having the food so near, Isa couldn't handle it anymore. Before she knew it, she was gagging, and then Adrian was holding her hair back as she emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet of the one of the downstairs restrooms.

"Are you okay?" Adrian's worried voice asked as she rested her head against the bowl, letting out a large sigh as she shook her head, "I think I've gotten a virus. I've been kind of queasy all day, but..."

"Go lay down," Adrian murmured while Isa rinsed her mouth out thoroughly, then with a flick of her finger, used her telepathic gift to bring her toothbrush down into the room they were in from the master.

Isa was already shaking her head, "You can't-"

"I've got this all handled okay?" Adrian cut her off, taking her into his arms, then carrying her up to their room before placing her on the bed, "You just rest, and I'll bring you up something to help with the nausea. It'll pass I'm sure, and you'll be fine before the families come."

A few minutes after he lay Isa down in the bed that they now shared, Adrian brought up a glass of ginger ale and a saucer full of saltine crackers for her to sip and snack on before disappearing downstairs once more. Eventually, the smell of honey glazed ham receded, and with it, Isa's nausea as well.

For once in over three weeks, Isa wasn't tired; waves of lethargy weren't threatening to pull her under and drown her. She was too excited about having two families that she loved so much all in one room, but also weary for the same reason. Isaline could only imagine how Adrian's father would act towards her family- her human family.

When the Lew family arrived, Isa was going to swallow her feelings of fear and intimidation towards the man, and ask him to be respectful to her family, not only for her, but to keep Adrian from becoming upset, and ruining their first holiday as a couple. Isa wanted to have a great start to the holiday season. The two families would be seeing a lot of each other in the next few months.

Getting out of bed since she felt fine, and there was no use in lying down when Adrian did need help downstairs no matter what he said, Isa picked out some pretty, light wash jeans and a semi dressy yellow shirt with a pair of the sexy lingerie from the collection that kept growing because Adrian wouldn't stop buying them for her, placed them on the bathroom sink, made sure the water was warm, then jumped into the shower.

She scrubbed down her body, then stood beneath the scalding water, letting it rinse the subtle peach scented shower gel off her body that drove Adrian so crazy that any time she tried to use a new soap, he'd throw it away and replace it with the soap he liked, when the shower door was pulled open, making Isa let out a loud scream of shock from both the cold air hitting her in a whoosh, and from Adrian just invading the amazing shower she was taking. In a flash, he'd pulled her out of the luxurious stall, wet body and all, before sitting her on the large counter between the double sinks, "What are you doing up? I thought I told you to lie down." Came his inquiry as he pressed heated kisses from the soft spot behind her ear, down to her shoulder, and back up, repeating the sensual circuit until Isaline was lightheaded with desire and trying to refrain from melting into a puddle at Adrian's feet.