Twenty Nine: Abandonment Issues

Twenty Nine

She woke up screaming, her heart pounding, eyes filled with tears as fear took over every ounce of her body. Since Isaline had woken from her vampiric coma, she had been having nightmares of what had happened, of Russell shooting her, and even some of what Adrian did to him. Everything in those dreams was so vivid, as if she was witnessing it in a new form, and every time, every night, she woke up terrified, screaming Adrian's name, still half asleep, but coherent enough to know that there was no way for her to calm herself down.

That's where Adrian came into play.

"Adrian!" Isa sobbed, barely able to breathe as she felt around, searching blindly on her bed for the man who had drifted into slumber right alongside her hours before. When her grasping hands didn't find purchase upon the hard, but somehow equally soft skin of her man, she started to panic, though it was only seconds later, "ADRIAN!"

Muscular arms appeared from the darkness, wrapping around Isa's body, and then pulling her into his chest, cooing, "Right here, Isa, I'm here. I just got up for a moment, I didn't leave."

Sobs wracked her body, jolting her entire being as her own tiny arms came up, pulling Adrian as close to her as was earthly possible, burying her face in the crook of his neck, already being comforted by his mere touch, "I hate that," She sighed a while later, cringing, "While I was....changing, I didn't dream. I miss that."

"You'll eventually be fine, Isa," Adrian murmured, rubbing her back, "Maybe I shouldn't have killed him in front of you, but I wanted to show you that I would and always will take care of you."

Isa was quickly learning that Adrian Lew was loyal to an ardent, and potentially damaging fault. She found it incredibly adorable.

No one had ever been so.... desperate to prove their allegiance to her. In her twenty four years, Isa had never been so flattered by such a twisted, twisted man.

"Maybe," Isa mumbled, a grim smile on her cool lips, "But I didn't fail to notice how strangely, and morbidly chivalrous the act was, and I appreciate that more than you'll ever know."

Adrian's defined chest was rumbling lowly with his laughed, but Isa quickly learned that those chuckles were bitter and angry, and full of a rancid type of rage. Catching on, and not wanting that foulness of his temper to invade the rest of her night, weighing down the air with its heavy negativity, Isa sighed, rubbing his arm as she tried to comfort him before things got worse; speaking in that soft voice of hers that always obliviously fueled his vexation quicker than any argument or mocking phrase could, "Adrian-"

"I'm not going to say what I want to because you just stopped crying," He snapped, making Isa sigh sadly.

"If you're going to turn into a dick, then you can leave." She murmured, already pulling away from him to give him space to do just that, even though her stomach rolled at the thought of him leaving her sight. It was like that any time they were separated, and Isaline had no idea if the anxiety that worsened over the time that dragged on when they were not together was from him changing her and the bond that came with it or just her general need to have him near.

Adrian didn't move from where he sat behind Isa, rubbing tiredly at his face. A shaky breath left him, and Isa continued to stare, her head tipped to the side as she did so, "Why do I feel sick when you leave me?" She asked, running her fingers over the back of his hand, "I feel like an abandoned child every time I even think of you not being in the same room as me."

Adrian's grey eyes lifted and met Isaline's, pupils dilating as he searched her face before speaking in that calm, quiet voice of his, "Now that you are a vampire like myself, the experience of being tied to me will be more extreme. You'll always want to be near me, even when you're furious with me. You'll want me to mark you, and you'll want to mark me. The attraction will increase a hundred fold, and you'll want to kill anyone who looks at me in a way remotely close to how you do, even if it isn't sexual."