Chp 35

Previously on Moao

He kissed the bridge of my nose as I felt his lips move as he whispered,"Wow." I smiled and he joined our foreheads together. And at this moment I knew, how close we have become. How intimately bonded we are.

 How intimately bonded we are

Neriah

Ding dong!

We both get startled at the sudden noise, making both our heart beats spike. I let out a relieved sigh followed by a smile as Mason rolls his eyes. I shake my head at his behavior as he winks and said,"I'll get that." He exits the place and my cheeks turn warm as I look towards the plants that he put up. The tags- my most favourite thing, it still surprises me that he actually did that.

At this point I feel like, all the unnecessary drama was necessary to know our not so pretty sides but they also brought outcomes like the plant-tag thing. I tuck a free strand behind my ear as the wind blew right past me, the sun falling on the leaves, illuminating through palettes of green.

It had been quite a long time since Mason left, and deciding to look for him, I leave the room with a last glance. As I neared the living room, I could hear some people talking together- some familiar people. I was guessing it was Billy and Declan. It was a chaos, it sounded like they were scolding Mason or something. I could hear multiple voices at one time.

Billy said, his Scottish accent making it clear it was him,"What are you even doing here? You should be behind Neriah. What is wrong with you, Mase?" I knew eavesdropping is not good but I knew if I made my presence known they will stop and it was such a cute scene. I had to control my laughter as an involuntary image was painted in my head of Mason trying to make them stop.

Declan wasnt holding back either when he said,"I still remember Reece telling me how sad and miserable you were. No no, you don't get to say a thing here. How badly you missed her and now this?" Mason was probably trying to defend himself but Declan was having none of it. Of course it made me sad to an extent but it wasn't superior than the way his friends were "scolding" him.

I tried my best to hide my laughter but I just couldn't and I had to, finally, reveal myself. I came out from hiding and they all turned to me as I burst out laughing. I could see Mason sighing and then rolling his eyes at legit every one of us. Billy and Declan looked between Mason and me. I could already sense their embarrassment growing. I walk upto Mason and tell him,"I am sorry but I just couldn't control myself."

I tried to kill my laughter but then one look at Billy and I was laughing all over again. This time the two guests joining me too. Mason just stood there shaking his head at us but I caught the slightest of his smile. They both hugged me together, taking me by surprise. My eyes- on their own accord look at Mason and his smile widens as Billy said,"Its so good to know you guys sorted whatever conflict you had."

At this, Mason joined us too. "Thank you so much." I tell them as we pulled away from the hug. They both smile back at me warmly as Mason puts his hand around my shoulder and we take our seats on the sofas. I sit on the bean bag as Mason and Declan go to the kitchen, to probably get some food. Billy sat beside me on the sofa. "I'm sorry I couldn't be in touch with you, how have you been?" Billy asked me.