Chp 22

Previously on Moao

We reach his car and he opens the door for me. As soon as I got in, I removed the heels and massage my aching feet. He came in through the drivers seat and started the car. I try my best to keep my eyes open but they gave up and I rested my head on the window.

Neriah

Neriah

"For fucks sake! I am aware!,"I could hear Mason's anger laced voice even when I was in mid-sleep. Pulling the pillow to cover my ears, I snuggled into the bed further. I was really tired and was trying my best to not get disturbed by his voice.

"Ugh! I don't know, I'll talk to you later. Okay, Bye" At first his voice was the same tone as earlier but then in got calm. By then all the sleep I had in me was gone and I opened my eyes to check the time. The clock read 12 but I didn't know if it was night or afternoon.

All of a sudden I noticed that I am not in my bed, it simply was never this cozy and soft. I thought I was dreaming, and in that dream I heard his voice. Last night memories flooded my head but I couldn't make out how I reached here. But I knew it wasn't a dream when I saw a half naked Mason stand up from the edge of the bed.

Holy cow! It was indeed a sight I would love to wake up to. His back was slightly wet as I saw some water droplets roll down, I wonder how my fingers would feel against them. My cheeks blossomed with warmth at the thought.

He turned around to face me but didn't look at me, more like somewhere above me. His eyebrows were furrowed and his forehead creased. It looked as if his thoughts were troubled. I could sense a change in his demeanour but that wasnt really on my mind right now.

My eyes rolled down his body and shamelessly gawked at his perfectly chiseled six packs. His v-line was at display as the towel hung dangerously low at his waist. I clenched my legs together and felt my mouth get dry with all the hotness in front of me. My heart raced in my chest and I could feel the tingly sensation hit my body, it only made me moisten my lips and pull the sheets closer to myself.

That movement caused him to get out of his daze, while I closed my eyes shut at the fear of getting caught ogling at him. I heard him toss his phone harshly on the bed and I took that opportunity to open my eyes. "What's got you all worked up, early in the morning?"

I didn't clearly remember what was the time and just spoke the first thing in my mind. It was raining but there was some natural light outside, it could either be morning or evening but I knew I wouldn't be asleep till evening. That was like a lot for me.

Mason got a bit heated up and almost snapped at me,'' Just don't. Leave it." I knew something was bothering him, anyone in their right mind could say so. He was trying to understand himself better but couldn't come to a conclusion.

To lighten the air around us I said,"Ugh I wish it wouldn't rain." He turned quickly to my direction and said rudely,"Flash news Neriah, you can't control the weather"