Chp 27

Mason

Mason

I knock on her room door for the third time now. Emma had let me in and informed that Neriah was in her room. I have been calling her since morning but she wont pick up. I was worried she might be in some trouble or worse, with someone. After knocking twice, I heard a soft voice from inside,"Come in"

Opening the door, hastily, I see her laid across the bed with her head laying on the edge of the bed and her legs rested on the headboard. Her curly hair flowing down freely like a waterfall from the edge of the bed, while her head was inside the book. The windows were open, allowing the light sunlight and breeze to come in. The sun rays gracing her skin, making her glow and her cheeks to run red, in result of the heat. My breath got caught in my chest as I took the heavenly sight in front of me.

As I was busy admiring her under the sun lit moon, her voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Ems, I swear I'll clean the mess once I am done with this chapter," she said not realizing its me and not Emma. At her statement, I realized her room was indeed a mess. Clothes randomly pilled up on the chair, some set of sheets lying on the bed and an opened laptop with its charger connected but the switch off. A towel and some hangers lying on the floor, along with some pens and other stationery on the floor. The carpet rolled from one side and an empty glass of coffee, near the window, which might fall looking at the curtains moving to the air.

I walk to the window and keep the glass down, while switching the button on to the connected charger. She still didn't notice it was me, her attention to some book that she was engrossed in. I walk back to the edge of the bed, where her head rested and slowly drag the book and her expressions turn to irritation as she couldn't read now. "So this is what has been keeping you away from me, huh?" I said and her blue eyes widen, finally realizing it wasn't Emma.

Her red lips turn into a smile as the book rested on her chest, as she looked up to me with an upside down view. She was dressed in a lavender sweatshirt and grey sweatpants, looking adorable as ever. "Hello to you too" She replied making me shake my head to her response.

She gets up from her sleeping position with the book to her side now. Her curly hair openly flowing down her back, while some strands framed her gorgeous sun lit face. What a sight to wake up to. My eyes never leaving her as I said," I have been trying to call you. Why wont you pick my phone?" She bit her lips as her eyes frantically searched the room for something, her phone probably. Her hair flying as her head roamed in different directions.

"Gosh! I havent seen my phone since morning" she said and looked in through the unfolded sheets. I sat on the bed along with her and handed her phone that was lying just near a random teddy bear. Her face reflecting clear embarrassment as she took it back. She changed her posture to indian style as one of her leg rested on top of mine, making me move closer to her. My one leg on the floor while the other folded one now on top of her. "Have you even eaten your lunch?" I asked her as I placed a strand behind, making her take a sharp breath in. I smirk knowing the massive effect I have on her.