~CHAPTER 20~

Neriah

I peacefully eat my go to snacks which consists of only one apple, while I watch the third episode of Bridgerton

I peacefully eat my go to snacks which consists of only one apple, while I watch the third episode of Bridgerton. It had been a few days since my speech, and the days flew by faster than normal. With my hectic job and no proper rest, I didn't realise it was Saturday already. I had no specific plan for today, just a lazy day maybe. I might just go for a walk or watch Bridgerton.

Emma was with me as she too had an off today but Violet has been spending a lot of time with Jack, I wouldn't be surprised if she tells me that she is moving in with Jack. Emma and I eat our snacks in comfortable silence as we keep our attention towards the show in front of us.

My phone started ringing and saw it was a video call from Mason. I got conscious, seeing that it's a video call and I am not really the types to do a video call. Fiddling over the answer and the decline button, I take my time to come up with a decision.

I press answer and instead of Mason I saw Duke lazily laid across the floor but I heard Mason's deep voice which made my cheeks red."Duke has been lazy all day and when I try to take him for a walk, he gives me puppy eyes. See! He's doing it again"

Duke looks into the camera with puppy eyes and my heart melts at his cuteness. "He is such a cutie," I compliment Duke as I heard Mason mumble something under his breath. I was about to ask what he said but Emma's voice dragged my attention to her. "Husky, oh my lord! He is so cute," Emma says as her eyes stare at Duke. I shake my head and agree with her.

Mason's voice came through the phone,"Oh hi Emma, if you you are free you should come over and spend some time with him. I am so done with him."

Emma's eyes grew wide in surprise as Mason, had not only acknowledged her presence but also; invited her to play with Duke. I knew she had a liking towards dogs and hence without asking her, I tell Mason,"We would love to, we were just gawking at some other Duke," I wink at her and she understood the joke which made both of us chuckle.

"What? Which Duke?" Mason asks us as he switched from rear camera to front one. His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw, tense. I look back to Emma and then to Mason and say,"No one, you won't get the joke."

Before he could say anything, I said,"We'll be there within thirty minutes. See ya!" And ended the call. I was about to tell Emma to get ready but I found her already walking to her room. "Make it quick, Ems!"

I went in my room and got changed as well. Not bothering to comb my hair, I just put my hair in a messy bun as some strands fanned my face. As I came out of my room, I saw Emma waiting for me with the car keys in her hand. We left and reached in fifteen minutes. The whole way till his door, she was going on and on about how she is going to be in the same room as The Mason Mount.

When I knocked at his door, I could hear Duke barking and Mason trying to make him quite. I found myself secretly smiling at it. After a short while, he opened the door for us and let us in.