Chapter 20

Jeff and Jasper sit next to the lake and talk.

“How much time do we have left?” Jeffrey asks.

“Eleven days.”

“Eleven days?! How?! Explain!”

Jasper smacks him on the head, playfully.

“You idiot. Yesterday was day 13, but Jenny didn't sleep last night. We wouldn't have been able to meet her either...so that's good. And today is day 12. Did you become dumb after you died?” Jasper asks. Jeff laughs.

“I think I must have become dumb.” He laughs. Jasper ruffles his hair.

“What do we do now Jas?” Jeff asks, leaning his head on Jasper's shoulder. The older sighs.

“Everything will be alright Jeff. Don't you worry..” He pats Jeff's head.

“Hmmm….. First, Chocolate being bullied, her relationship with Jacob, mom and her affair…..ugh..”

*And a few more on the way...*Jasper sighs.

“Why are you worrying about Chocolate's relationship with Jacob?”

“I don't know...what if...what if Jacob isn't the one?”

Jasper looks at Jeffery, his eyes wide. He smacks his head.

“Ow! What was that for now?” Jeff whines, laughing at the same time.

“Are you really dumb? Didn't you see everything that is happening between those two!? They're a match made in heaven!! And I personally confirm that. So don't worry, okay? They'll be alright.”

“I trust you. They'll be alright.” Jeff smiles.

They then quietly enjoy each other's company, waiting for their sister to arrive.

_________

*It's Monday...ugh..*

Jenny sighs as she walks to work. It's not that she was tired. She was actually refreshed. She had a good time with Jasper and Jeff last night. They had great fun playing Charades. Jeff sucked at it, making Jas and her erupt in laughter. It had been so long since she laughed like that.

She hated Mondays. Why? It's okay now since she's on vacation. But otherwise? She had to go to school. The start of another horrible week. Another week of bullying. People didn't like her at school. And she didn't know why. She didn't even do anything to them. But they hated her without reason. She sighs. But it is okay now since it is vacation.

Now, she had another problem, besides everything else that was happening.

Her bullies.

Yeah.

She had hoped to not bump into them during summer. She prayed that they would leave on some road trip, like the previous years. But they decided to stay. Why?! She groans.

Now she has to be careful to not bump into them. She had to watch wherever she was. She had to be cautious. She didn't feel safe outside. She hated the fear she felt. She hated it. But she didn't know what else to do. She wasn't strong. Heck, she couldn't fight against them.

She was lucky Jacob was there the last time. He made her feel safe. But he wasn't here now. She needed him.

What?

*Jen...are you...*

*Am I? I don't know…..* She sighs.

She stopped. She froze in fear.

He was there.

She gulped. And immediately ran into the nearest alley. She slid down the ground. She pulled her knees closer to her.

*Calm down Jenny! Calm down! He didn't see you!! He didn't see you!! You're fine!* She takes deep breaths.

Yes. She was thankful for the fact that the street was crowded. And that she saw him before he noticed her.

She just sat there.

After a few minutes, she stood up and walked out of the alley. She checked if Daniel was there. He was nowhere to be seen.

She runs to the shop. She runs as fast as she can.

*Do not get caught.*

*I won't.*

She makes it safe.

She enters through the back door. She could hear Jacob talking to someone. And the voice was really familiar. She ignores it as she keeps her bag on the table and sits down. She was breathing heavily. And she was a mess. Her ponytail was messed up. She was sweating. She closed her eyes as she cooled down under the fan.

*Dang! It's so hot!*

She felt herself relax as the fan's speed increased.

“I would have come earlier but we had a customer. What's wrong?” Jacob asks as he sits next to her.

She looks at him. He looked worried.

“I saw him on my way here.” She sighed.

He didn't have to ask her twice. He knew who she saw. He came closer and held her face, looking her in the eye.

“Did he do anything to you?!”

Her heart flutters. She could see the worry on his face. She couldn't look away. She didn't want to.

*ummmm Jen? Respond to him!!* She blinks. She has to reply. She snaps out of her thoughts as she looks at him again.

“I'm fine!” She smiles.

“I hid before he noticed me.”

“That's smart.” He pats her head.

She blushes a little. He notices. And smiles.

*She's so cute!*

“From now on, I'm walking you home and picking you up for work.” He states. Jenny looks at him.

“But that's too much! You'll be busy!! And you have to watch over Ava too! So nope.”

“Ava is under Eric's care. I'll visit her when I have time.”

“But—”

“I insist. Your safety is my priority. And it's fun walking with you..” He looks away, his face red.

Jenny was surprised.

*My god….did he just say that?*

“Okay.” She nods, looking down so that he couldn't see her red face.

She then stands up as she walks over to the mirror to tidy her hair. She lets her hair free and runs her hand over it to set it.

*Ugh! I look like a mess! How did I sit in front of him like this?! Never run to work Jenny!!* She scolds herself, not noticing Jacob, who looks at her with wonder in his eyes. He had never seen her with her hair free before. And boy she looked so stunning. He was mesmerised.

He smiles.

He was falling for her and loved the feeling of it.

*******