Chapter 3

“Jasper! I need to do something! What do I do?” Jeffrey looks at the Grim Reaper.

“Jeffery! There is something you can actually do. But it is risky!”

“I'll do it Jasper! I'm ready!”

“But….. help has already come, do you still want to do it?”

“Yes.” the boy confidently replies.

Jasper sighs. In all his life as a grim reaper, he never met a strong-willed boy like Jeffrey. This poor boy died in a way he never thought he would. All he ever talked about was his sister. He loves her so much. When he saw that he was dead, he begged to stay and watch over his little sister. So Jasper had him work for him for two years, ever since he died. The two slowly developed a strong friendship. But Jasper couldn't keep Jeffrey with him forever. He still had to go. Both of them knew that. But Jeffrey didn't expect it to be that soon. He didn't want to leave, he wanted his sister to be happy. He wanted to leave after that.

“Please Jasper….. I want to see my sister happy. She's been miserable since I've gone! I want to help her!” he cries out.

Jasper sighs, defeated. Jeff smiles a little.

“Okay, so here's what you have to do.”

________

Jenny wakes up to the sound of her alarm. She groans as she turns it off.

*Ugh! Why didn't I turn it off yesterday? It's a holiday!!*

She moves her hand, only to feel paper.

“Huh?”

She gets up and finds herself sleeping on her diary. She saw her pen next to the pillow. She closes her diary and gets up. She then keeps it on the table. She then walks to her bathroom. She takes a shower and changes into a t-shirt and shorts. She walks down to the living room.

“Mom? Dad?” she calls out.

No response.

*Hmm... they've left.*

She looks at the clock.

*It's 10. Of course they would have left hours ago.*

Her parents left to work at 7 and came home at 8. They worked six days a week. They rested on Sundays.

*It's going to be another lonely summer.* She sighs at the thought.

She walks to the kitchen and finds a note on the fridge.

Hi baby,

We're leaving now. We wanted you to sleep well so we didn't wake you up. Make your breakfast and do some grocery shopping. Not much is there in the fridge. And cook something for dinner.

Love,
Mom and Dad.

Jenny opens the fridge to find eggs. Only eggs. She decides to make an omelette. She toasts two slices of bread and makes herself a cup of coffee. She then opens her phone and clicks on a random playlist. With the music filling her ears, she peacefully eats her breakfast.

*It's going to be a good day!*

She then walks up to her room and changes into her joggers but wears the same t-shirt. She then walks to the kitchen and takes some money out of the money jar and keeps it in her wallet. She then goes out and locks the front door and keeps the key in her wallet. She then walks to the supermarket.

She buys some meat and some snacks for her. She pays for her things and walks outside. She plugs in her earphones and continues to listen to the same playlist she listened to earlier. She then continues to walk home.