Chapter 6

“Jeff I'm so glad you're back! Is it really you?!!” Jenny pulls back from the hug.

“Of course it's me Chocolate! I missed you so much!” He picks her up and twirls her around.

He sets her down. A frown rests on his face. Tears roll down from his eyes. Jenny looks up at him as she wipes his tears away.

“Why are you crying brother? Is there something wrong?” She frowns.

“I'm sorry you went through a lot after I died. I shouldn't have left you...” He cries pulling her close to him.

Tears fall from Jenny's eyes. She remembered the pain and torture she went through. It's something she's never going to recover from…..

“It's okay. You're here now and I know you'll protect me.” She gives him her biggest smile and hugs him back.

“Are we going to stay like this sister?” Jeff laughs hugging her.

“Yes. Let's be like this for some more time…. I missed your hugs.” She wraps her hands around his waist tighter.

Jeff laughs, hugging her close. Jenny smiles. After a long time, she now felt peace.

________

Jenny wakes up with a smile on her face. She looks straight at her balcony and smiles.

“Good morning Jeff!” She waves, remembering how Jeff told her that he'd be sitting on her balcony once she wakes up but she couldn't see him.  But he promised he would be there. He also told her that they'd meet every night in her dreams. She couldn't wait.

*Ahhhhh today's going to be a great day!* She happily skips to her bathroom humming as Jeff smiles at his sister.

“So…..how was it?” Jasper asks as he sits next to Jeff.

“Oh come on! Don't act like you don't know….I saw you watching us!” He playfully rolls his eyes.

“Hey! Respect your elder! Don't you roll your eyes at me young man!” Jasper playfully smacks him.

“Okay old man! Geez…...”

“Old man! Did you just— Why you…….come here you brat!” He starts to chase Jeff as he laughs and runs away.

________

Jenny walks to the florist. She opens the door and immediately spots an old woman, maybe in her seventies behind the counter. She looks at Jenny and smiles.

“Ahh Jenny! My dear girl! How have you been? Didn't see you since vacation began! Forgot me already?”

“No no! I didn't! I just rested for a while at home….was tired from all the school activities.” She fake-smiles.

“I see...”

“Ava! I came here yesterday! But you weren't here! The part-timer told me that you were resting...”

“Ahh I see….. that's why Jacob told me someone asked about me yesterday….”

“Jacob?”

“Yes. He's my new part-timer. He's a good one though... what a fine young man….. I'm planning to give him a full-time job here soon.” Ava smiles.

“I see…..you told me you'd give me the job!” Jenny pouts.

“I know. I know…don't worry my dear! I have a vacancy for you here too! Just join whenever you want!”

“Really!?! I can join too?! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!! I love you!!” Jenny hugs her across the counter.

“Hey Ava! I'm back! Here I've–” He stops as he sees Jenny.