Chapter 19

“Are you okay Jenny?” Jacob asks her.

They were having ice cream as they walked in the park. This park was closer to Ava's shop and it wasn't crowded. Only they were there. After her crying session, Jacob took her to an ice cream parlour. He got cookies and cream and she got a double chocolate ice cream. She loved Chocolate ice cream. It makes her happy.

“I'm okay, I guess…..” She mumbles, looking down.

Jacob spots a bench. He takes Jenny there and makes her sit down. They quietly finish their ice cream. He then takes Jenny's hand in his and looks at her.

“Tell me what happened. Who are they? Why are they after you?” He asks, worried.

He knew that Jenny didn't have anyone to take care of her. He didn't know about her dad but her mom….ugh….he knew what Jenny was going through very well. Her brothers are away at college and he didn't know if Jenny told them anything. He wanted to be there for her. He is going to be there for her, he promised himself.

“I want to help you Jenny. I really do. And I only can if you tell me what happened.”

Jenny looks at him. He wants to help her? No one helped her after Jeff. Not even her parents. She was touched. Someone wanted to help her. She started to cry.

Jacob pulls her into a hug.

“What's wrong?!” He asks her, worried even more.

“I don't know why they're after me! It's been going on for two years! I don't know what I did to them! I don't know why they hate me so much Jacob! I have no idea why!! Why can't I have a life filled with happiness? Why should I always be sad?! Don't I deserve happiness and peace?!” She cries into his chest while he rubs her back to comfort her. Anger rises within him. Jenny doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve any of this.

“Jenny, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I will be there for you. I will make sure those guys never touch you again. I promise I will break their bones if they do so. And I will always be here for you. You just have to call me. Understand?”

Jenny nods as she wraps her hands around his waist and cries harder. He just sits there, comforting her. His heart broke to see her cry. Jenny always smiled. It hurt so much to see her so miserable. Exactly how long did she go through this?

“Let it all out Jen. Let it all out my Chocolate. You'll be alright.”

Chocolate. The first thought that came to his mind when he saw her at the shop. Her beautiful hair reminded him of chocolates. He wanted to know her. But he didn't know who she was so he let it go, thinking that it was just a attraction. But he saw her again. And he was joyous when Ava told him she was going to work here.

He was excited to see her on her first day. She was a fun person to be with. He wanted to spend time with her. He loved it. When he saw what was happening with her mother, when he saw her sad, his heart broke. He had never expected to see this side of her. But here he was, comforting her.

*A lot can happen in a few days huh?*

He wanted to protect her. And he was going to. No matter what.

At his words, Jenny cried harder. Chocolate. Only Jeff called her that. She missed Jeff. Everything went downhill after he died. Hearing her nickname from Jacob made her cry more. She just hugged him tighter as he comforted her. She was thankful for him. If not for Jacob, the bullies would have taken her back to Daniel. She didn't want to think further. She shuddered.

Jacob was startled when she started crying again. He shouldn't have called her by a nickname.

*TOO SOON!*

“Jen?! Are you okay? I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have called you that...please don't cry!” He pleads as he rubs her back, trying to comfort her.

“You didn't do anything Jacob. It's just that my brother used to call me chocolate. And I miss him so much.” She sniffles, looking up at him.

“You can call him Jen. Talk to him.”

“But he's dea—” She stops. Her eyes widen as she pauses. She closes her eyes shut. Jacob is confused.

*Oh my god! Jenny! Close call!* She takes a deep breath.

“But he's in college. And he's really busy. So I try not to call him that much. And I don't want to disturb him.” She lies. Jacob notices how she lied but decides to let it go. For now.

“And Jacob, you can call me chocolate. I like it.” She blushes a little, looking down.

Jacob smiles. She looks so cute!

“Okay Chocolate.” He pats her head. Jenny smiles. He made her forget whatever had happened earlier.

“Thank you Jacob. I'm feeling much better now.” She sighs and smiles at him.

“Anything for you chocolate.” He winks at her.

She blushes and looks down.

“Come, Chocolate, I'll take you home.”  He stands up, holding her hand. She stands up.

Then they walk home, hand in hand.

________

“Chocolate?! She let him call her Chocolate!!!” Jeffrey exclaims.

Jasper smiles.

“It wasn't that long since they met. And they're already so close!! I feel like a proud mama...” Jeff smiles, placing his hand on his chest.

“Okay mama, let's go! They already left!” Jasper ruffles his hair.

“Hey ! Don't mess up my hair!!”

********

This is a filler chapter! More coming soon!!! Love ya! Stay safe!