Isabelle Olympus part 25

Hey guys, here's the next part. Sorry that it took a while but I had exams and then my internet went down for a week, but it's here now. It's a bit of a filler but I hope that you still enjoy it.

After my phone call with Chiron, sleep was one of the last things on my mind. I couldn’t get the image of the kindly ones out of my mind. I had had the misfortune of meeting them once in the underworld when I was visiting Hades. They weren’t pretty creatures, and they delighted in bringing pain. They were very useful to Hades in that respect, they didn’t care what he asked them to do, they didn’t ask questions, they just did as they were told.

If Hades was sending them after Percy, that meant he seriously thought the kid could be involved with the problem of the missing master bolt. But why? Percy doesn’t even know what he is! Let alone what the master bolt is. It doesn’t make any sense.

I was pacing up and down in Chiron’s study, trying to make sense of it all, but struggling. How did Hades even find out about Percy? What even made him think Percy was involved? Why did he send the furies after him? Mrs Dodds had been hiding as a school teacher for a long time, just watching him. Surely, she would have realised the boy’s ignorance during that time. Why did she wait so long to attack?

None of this makes any sense!

A quick glance at the clock told me that we were well into the small hours of the morning now. But I wasn’t tired. I couldn’t sleep now. I needed answers. And there was only one place that I was going to get them from. I need to speak with Hades.

And that’s how I found myself in the underworld at 4 in the morning in front of a very tired and slightly grumpy Hades. One thing you should probably know about Hades is that he loves his sleep, and doesn’t like to be disturbed. So you can imagine that he was a tad grouchy when I rocked up demanding answers.

Finding him had been a slight challenge, as for all the times that I’ve been to the underworld I’ve never seen Hades’ bedroom and so I had no clue where it was. This meant that when I teleported into the throne room of the underworld I was completely alone. For some reason, I don’t know why, I just imagined that he would be sitting in his throne wide awake. I guess that it was strange for me to think of anyone else asleep when my own mind was so awake and spinning at a hundred miles an hour. But he wasn’t there, and I had no clue how to find him.

Instead of going to look for someone who could point me in the right direction (which, in hind sight, might have been the better idea) I decided to just shout for him and hope that he heard and came to my call.

“HADES!” I shouted as loudly as I could, causing the sound to echo off of the walls. “I need to speak to you!” I cried out again when nothing happened.

I was just about to shout again, when I got a reaction. The ground began to shake and Hades’ booming voice thundered around the room.

“How DARE you wake me! How dare you summon me like a DOG! Who do you think you are?” His voice roared.

“Your favourite daughter.” I said with a smile on my face. I wasn’t scared at all by his intimidation techniques, I’d seen them all before. Heck, he taught them to me. As soon as the words had left my lips the ground stopped trembling and Hades appeared at the other end of the throne room.