A Cat and A Fox

"Is not about living forever Jacky, the trick is. Living with yourself Forever,"

Many legendary ninjas have been born in the Village hidden among the trees over the years, and the village has been home to many of them. There's the Third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi, also known as the God of Shinobi and the Professor, and then there's everyone else. He was taught by the previous two Hokages and was an S-Rank shinobi by the age of fourteen when he was elevated to the position of Hokage.

Then there were the Sannin, also known as the Legendary Three Ninja; Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade, all of whom had legendary abilities and summons. After surviving a battle with Hanzo of the Salamanders, they were lauded as legends and S-Rank ninjas across Elemental Nations.

Sakumo Hatake, also known as The White Fang of the Leaf, was a genius shinobi who was supposed to be stronger than the Sannin.

Minato Namikaze was a once-in-a-generation genius who was a disciple of Jiraiya of the Sannin and the fabled Fourth Hokage. He is also a once-in-a-generation genius. The famed Yellow Flash, as he is affectionately known.

Naruto Uzumaki, a tiny blond orphan, was coming up to the Ninja Academy when he saw Naruto Uzumaki. Hiruzen, unlike everyone else, could see the potential that lay ahead of him, a potential that no one else could see. He truly believed that people like Naruto could rise to the position of Hokage in the future and perhaps achieve the goal he had wished to achieve, but his time had passed, and all he could do now was pass the torch to the next generation and hope for the best.

Hiruzen reflected about this as he gazed out the windows at the Village, wondering what the blonde was up to just now, the actual genuine one, not the clone that was typically present in the Academy building.

The only thing that could come out of his mouth was a humourless laugh, and as he looked at Minato's image, he recalled the speech his little surrogate grandson had given many weeks earlier...

' Naruto walked into the classroom early, like he often did. He returned to his seat towards the far end of the room, which had been 'his' seat over the course of the previous three years. As he leaned his chair back, the would-be genin looked up at the ceiling with his eyes closed. It's been almost three years since I first walked into this class... and I've only made, what, two new friends? As he leaned the staff against the wall, he grinned and shook his head in amusement. The scroll containing the cinnamon buns was pulled out of a bag and sealed. He stood there and observed as the other students came into the room when Hinata walked through the door.

"N-n-n-n-n-n-na-Naru-naruto, y-y-y-you l-loo-k h-h-han-ha-." The blonde guy blinked and attempted to figure out what Hinata was saying with her stuttering. Hinata's face became hot red, and she just dashed to her seat.

Naruto just returned his gaze to Ino, who was sitting next to him on the desk. "Hey, Ino, do you want some?" says the narrator. In response to a seal put on his scroll, Naruto inquired about gaining rolls.

"Of course, Naruto," Ino practically squealed as she took a bite of the first one, and her eyes shone brightly like new stars.

It didn't take long for the blonde to devour another since she had never before tasted anything so good.

"Can you tell me who the other three are for Naruto?" As Shikamaru and Choji stepped through the door, Naruto inclined his head. The drowsy genius strolled up to Naruto's desk and took a seat in front of him. Naruto stood there watching as the youngster with the pineapple hair sank his head on the desk. The blonde student shook his head to attract the attention of his classmate, then grabbed up a roll of toilet paper. He placed it on Shikamaru's open hand before bending over and blowing directly into Shikamaru's ear with his whistle.