War and Peace

"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

Naruto looked at the two people who walked closer; they stood just behind Hagoromo; Naruto recognised the first one as Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage, and the God of Shinobi.

But he couldn't recognise the second one despite feeling that he had seen him before, but his power was enormous; while Hashirama wasn't trying to scare little Naruto, the second one was purposely releasing his Killer Intent at the young boy.

Naruto suddenly felt pressure all over his body, and everything felt cold, his knees suddenly felt weak, and he almost collapsed to the ground, his skin feeling like little blades stabbing him and piercing his flesh and bones.

His nails felt like they would fall off from his fingers, his nose started burning along with his ears, but despite all that, he refused to fall unconscious or collapse.

Seeing Naruto losing all colour and his breath quickening, Hashirama immediately understood what was happening, turning to his friend.

"Stop it Now, Madara", He yelled at him, and Kurama had started countering his KI with his own, but it wasn't enough against the Mighty Uchiha Madara.

During all this, Hagoromo stood silent and analysed the blonde. To say he was surprised that Naruto hadn't lost his consciousness would be the understatement of a century.

Instead, Naruto was still standing on his feet firmly, refusing to even fall on his knees, let alone lose consciousness.

Madara kept quiet and narrowed his eyes at the little brat; while he wasn't exactly using his full KI but instead only ten percent of it, he was still surprised by the kid's stubbornness.

After a few seconds, Madara stopped his KI, and the brat was still standing on his foot, breathing heavily, his head down, looking at the floor.

Hashirama sighed in relief that his friend had stopped his attack on the kid but couldn't help but be impressed by the kid. He was sure anyone else would lose their consciousness by now, and Naruto was still standing.

Slowly raising his head, Naruto looked at them with Rinnegan in both of his eyes, Hashirama gasped, but Madara, for the first time, had a slight smile on the edge of his lips.

Seeing the brat, Madara was reminded of his little brother.

The evening was late when the almighty leader of the Uchiha clan, Madara, was called away urgently from a meeting to come to his brother's side. Three days went by since the younger man was injured gravely in battle with Senju Tobirama, his condition on arriving back at the compound critical. Much hadn't changed over the days, his condition fluctuating from steady to life and death in a matter of hours. For the last day, though, he was getting weaker and weaker, having internal bleeding that even the best healers couldn't stop.

Madara was not yet informed of this. Now, being rushed in, he prayed it was good news of his brother's condition, that Izuna had made some miraculous feet of recovery. Alas, it was far from that.

Madara entered the hallway leading down to his younger brother's room, which was at the very end of the long stretch of space. A mask of indifference held its ground on the outside, though on the inside, anxieties were riding high. His only footsteps echoed on the hardwood floor, slowly creeping closer into earshot of the man who stood in the doorway of the room. As he finally entered, walking past the clan's best medic, a solemn glance was spared alongside a single pat on the shoulder.

The elder stared down at his brother lying motionlessly on the futon bed; it was lucky the doctor had decency enough to slide shut the bamboo framed door behind himself. Madara traipsed gingerly forward, kneeling at his sibling's bedside.