Chapter 28

As the duo returned to Olympus, the first thing Emily felt was the embrace of her father, Joel and Paelan. Joel's hug was unsurprisingly the tightest. "Emily. Why are you back here?" He asked, gripping her arm gently. "Emily. It isn't safe." He added. "Emily!-"

The sound of the solar stream re-opening behind them gyrated the ground below, Emily choked and her breath hitched as she turned to face the onslaught of beings chasing behind her.

Joel immediately pushed her away and took out his blade, charging towards them, with Paelan following not too far behind. He gripped onto the blade and swung towards the edenic creatures, but every cut his blade made, was healed almost instantly.

"Stop! Healing magic..." Saturn mumbled. "They have something healing them." And Saturn was right, behind them was a glorious, angelic looking being. He immediately pulled the sword from the sheath on his back and gripped it tight. "Emily." He muttered beneath his breath. "Go." He held up his blade and followed Joel straight into the battlefield, leaving Steve to grab Emily by the arm and pull her away from the ground. She screamed as he pulled her, but she wouldn't dare drag herself out of the arms of her father, she knew what he was doing anyway, and it was for the best.

"Dad! I can help them!" She spat, trying to pull herself from his embrace.

"And so can Riza." He responded, ignoring her attempts to pull at him, being a police officer in New York treated him well, especially when it came to holding down his living- inferno daughter.

"Riza isn't here!" She fired back, finally pulling herself out of his arms and dashing back to the battle field, she first used her flame to propel herself a mere 60 feet into the air, before she allowed herself, to dive towards her first enemy, with vines already growing out of her wrists. "Get yourself away from him!" She yelled, throwing her hands against the neck of her first victim, she noticed one was dive bombing themself towards Paelan, and seeing the state he was currently in, she didn't want to let anyone get near him.

"Pack up your shit, Emily!" Paelan yelled, throwing himself on the ground to dodge the vines that spat out of her wrists.

"Fuck off, I'm saving your life!" She yelled, stabbing a sharp, rose vine into the heart of the first contender. "Who's next?~" she asked, gripping onto the sword on her back, she pulled it out and sliced it across her finger, allowing her blood to trickle down the side of the sharp blade, it immediately set itself alight and she handed the blade to Paelan. "Here, take it." She mumbled. "Use it wisely, it will protect you if you allow it to." Paelan looked at her, confused. "How can a blade protect me?" He asked, and the fire drew him towards the nearest enemy. "That's how! Be safe!" She called, as she cast herself up and towards Joel.

Her fingers touched the ground and she pulled them up with a force that ripped the ground straight into spiked peaks, throwing themselves into the body of the next contender. "You can keep yourself away from him." She spat violently, noticing that the drops of sweat that dripped from her overworked body were freezing the ground below her. "Emily- that isn't normal!" Joel called as he ran beside her, she held out her hand and grabbed his. "Joel, nothing about this is normal! We're two human beings from New York behind thrown around by fucking aliens and your biggest concern is that this isn't normal?!" She yelled, running beside him again. "You're pregnant woman! Fuck off!" He yelled, running towards the next pillar that was falling against the side of the palace. He grabbed it with his metal arm and pushed it to the other side, ignoring the fact that was crushing at the joints of his arm. Emily gave him a joyful smirk. "You know you love me~" she said, before casting herself up one more time, she pushed her hands infront of her and looked down at them. "Please. Do me justice..." she mumbled as she looked infront of her, at the final target, the one who she needed to kill, her eyes were bloodshot, her mind was blood thirsty, she wanted this more than ever. "I know who you are..." she mumbled.

"Emily, stop!" She heard a voice behind her, but couldn't take her eyes off of her target. "Emily!" The voice got louder, stronger, more... Painful? Why was this voice... painful?

"Emily! I'm warning you!" Emily began to choke as she felt herself slowly slipping out of consciousness.

She regained consciousness a few seconds later, but it was too late, her target had vanished, she fell to the ground with a bone shattering crash and she choked, her breath hitched as she turned to her stomach, holding it tightly, once she felt movement, she sighed. "F-fuck..." she collapsed against the floor again.

"Emily. Do you know who that was?" Riza asked, and Emily nodded. "I'm aware. I just... all I felt was hunger, for blood. As if I needed them dead."

"Well it is a fucking good job you didn't get into a fight with them! That person would have knocked you dead!" Riza sighed and then walked into the distance slightly. "Emily. There is no way we are beating him, until we have everyone we need, at full power, stood with us." Riza turned to her. "Emily. For once in your life. Stay out of it. Don't you think you've done enough?"

No... not just yet.