Damsel: The Final Page

IT is a big event for everyone. Saina was so busy making sure that the Pan Vejar – Belle collection will be a successful event. Lahat ng kikitain sa gabing ito ay mapupunta sa isang women's shelter na sinusuportahan ng kanilang kompanya. Saina Buensuceso is nervous as hell, she may look like she got it all, but deep inside of her, she is a wreck. Kabang – kaba si Saina. She wants everything to be in place tonight. Ayaw na ayaw niya ng palpak, and as if everybody knows that, lahat ng crew and staff na nadaanan niya ay halatang inaayos ang trabaho.

"Girl, calm down, everything is gonna be fine!" Ramona Calimbao patted her friend's back. Saina looked as if she's gonna faint any moment from now. This is a big deal for Bella. Ito ang kauna – unang charity event ng company, both women wanted it to do well. If it does well, hindi ito ang magiging hiling event nila. Ramona took Saina's hand and grinned when she realized how cold it was.

"All or nothing, right Saina?" Tanong niya sa kanyang kaibigan. Saina smiled at Ramona and nodded.

"I'll just look around over there." Tinungo niya ang direksyon ng mga damit. She saw the models running around, getting ready, everything will be okay and she knows that, pero hindi niya pa rin maiwasang kabahan. Saina walked in the other room expecting another batch of models and make – up artists, but what she found warmed her heart.

She found her whole world in one room – there's Haniel, Joshua and of course Gerardo. The three were sitting beside each other, napagigitnaan ng dalawang binata si Gerardo, Gerry's arms were resting on the back of the two children. Joshua and Haniel were busy playing with their phones habang si Gerardo ay naglilipat – lipat ang tingin sa dalawa.

"AHHH! WE WON!" Tumayo si Haniel, sumunod si Joshua. Nagyakapan ang dalawa na para bang nananalo sila sa Olympics. Gerry was shaking his head.

"Ang ingay ninyo mga anak, baka nakakaistorbo tayo sa kanila." Mahinahong wika ni Gerry.

"Mom! WE WON THE RANK GAME!" Napatingin si Haniel sa direksyon ni Saina, lumapit ito sa kanya para yumakap, sumunod si Joshua, suddenly, she was enclosed in the arms of these two baby boys – in her mind they will always be baby boys kahit na thirteen years old na ang mga ito at grade 7 na. She kissed their cheeks. Hinaplos na rin ang mukha ng dalawa.

"Joshua, I saw your Mama at the other room, she's getting ready, puntahan mo muna siya, anak."

"Okay, Mommy. Lika, Haniel, Samahan mo ako." The two left the room. Agad naman siyang lumapit sa fiancé niya. Gerardo sat on the couch, and she sat on his lap, automatically she wrapped her arms around his nape and hid her face on the crook of his neck.

"Tired?"

"Hmmm, yes... shh, 'wag kang maingay, nag-re-recharge ako." She always tell him that he is her rest, si Gerardo naman ay palaging nagsasabing siya ang bahay nito and she thinks those are the most beautiful things ever said to her – well except for the name of his son. He felt his hand caressing her back, as if telling her that everything will be okay. Saina looked at Gerry.

"What?"

"You asked me last night where I want to get married."

"And?"

"There's this little church in Italy in the heart of the countryside, surrounded by beautiful cattleya flowers. When the sun sets, it illuminates in the place and it's my favorite place. I used to come there with Haniel whenever it becomes too dark and too noisy in my head. I sat there, dreaming of a moment where I'd come with someone other than my son." Saina sighed and cupped Gerry's face. "I want to get married there with you, it doesn't matter if it's just us and the kids or with our family, I just want to marry you and be yours forever."